Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I pull the trigger I just want to make sure one last time. I read a bunch of different threads on Ebay intakes, whats better for FFV or non-FFV and this is what I have gathered....

Ebay intake is ok - suggested to replace filter though

S&B intake is best for FFV

AEM for non FFV.

All intakes are similar in HP/TQ.

Am I correct with this information? And if so, why would FFV make a difference in intakes?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, No help yet :(

Stupid money burning a hole in my pocket!

·
Registered
144 Posts
We'll I have the insys from ebay and still have that filter on it.I may down the road get a longer filter but for the money I can't complain.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Get the s&b.....look at my track times & sudden urges track times.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of the S&B, but trying to budget for 2 mods...

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I was thinking of the S&B, but trying to budget for 2 mods...
S&B is only like $230 new. You will regret buying an Ebay CAI. The S&B is proven to lean out the factory PIG rich FFV Titans. Trust me I know all about running mid 11's AFR, it sucks for track times and MPG's.

What exhaust set-up you running? I didn't see any in your sig.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S&B is only like $230 new. You will regret buying an Ebay CAI. The S&B is proven to lean out the factory PIG rich FFV Titans. Trust me I know all about running mid 11's AFR, it sucks for track times and MPG's.

What exhaust set-up you running? I didn't see any in your sig.
Think I just might bite the bullet and get the S&B - traction bars are too much.

The S&B cuts MPG? I am running gutted B-pipes into a MF 2.25/2.5 into a 2.5/2.5 dumped 50 series.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Think I just might bite the bullet and get the S&B - traction bars are too much.

The S&B cuts MPG? I am running gutted B-pipes into a MF 2.25/2.5 into a 2.5/2.5 dumped 50 series.
No, the S&B will help mpg's. If you don't get the S&B and you keep running rich, that will kill mpg's. The S&B will lean you out and help with HP/TQ and Mpg's if you can stay out of the gas. LOL Just get the S&B, then do the ram air mod to it:) If you are after performance and track times, get rid of that Flowmaster too. Get a 18 or 22 inch magnaflow. Dont get mad for me saying this just thought maybe you were after performance instead of just sound.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the S&B will help mpg's. If you don't get the S&B and you keep running rich, that will kill mpg's. The S&B will lean you out and help with HP/TQ and Mpg's if you can stay out of the gas. LOL Just get the S&B, then do the ram air mod to it:) If you are after performance and track times, get rid of that Flowmaster too. Get a 18 or 22 inch magnaflow. Dont get mad for me saying this just thought maybe you were after performance instead of just sound.
I don't want to do the ram air because I don't want to mess with the washer fluid

did the 50 series for a quiet tone but better performance then stock. - going for more of a sleeper family truck. The little punk *****es at work think they can "own" anything with their stock durango.... but its got a hemi...

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I don't want to do the ram air because I don't want to mess with the washer fluid

did the 50 series for a quiet tone but better performance then stock. - going for more of a sleeper family truck. The little punk *****es at work think they can "own" anything with their stock durango.... but its got a hemi...
Call him out!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
forgive me for asking. But what is FFV and non FFV? All i have heard is get AEM or Volant for CAI and now i hear this S&B. What is the difference and why is one kind better than the other. Also will these work on a 2011. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
O, ok. i checked and i only have 1 station w/in 200 miles. So it wouldn't make sense for me to get an S&B. AEM Brute force is the one im looking into. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
O, ok. i checked and i only have 1 station w/in 200 miles. So it wouldn't make sense for me to get an S&B. AEM Brute force is the one im looking into. Thanks.
You missed the point. It's not about running E85 in your tank, it's about having the capability to run it. The old threads about having an FFV and a S&B CAI do not apply to the 2008-2010 Titan. I haven't seen any WOT AFR data on the 2011 yet. Factory fuel mapping was changed in 2008, and most late model Titans are set to run pig rich at WOT, and the S&B will help lean it at WOT and improve power.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"Titans are set to run pig rich at WOT, and the S&B will help lean it at WOT"

What exactly does this mean? WOT and pig rich? ANd why would S&B be better than say Volant or AEM? Thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
"Titans are set to run pig rich at WOT, and the S&B will help lean it at WOT"

What exactly does this mean? WOT and pig rich? ANd why would S&B be better than say Volant or AEM? Thanks
WOT (wide open throttle) and pig rich means the WOT AFR (air fuel ratio) is too rich and well below the optimum power production range. The S&B is designed to flow a ton of air, but because of the MAF (mass air flow) sensor mounting and tube diameter, it fools the ECU (electronic control unit) into thinking there is less air than there actually is and injects less fuel. THIS IS ONLY MEANINGFUL AT WOT. During normal driving (non-WOT), the AFR is controlled by readings from the AFR/oxygen sensor input.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I only see a intake for an 07. Do you know where i could find one for a 2011?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I only see a intake for an 07. Do you know where i could find one for a 2011?
I know it will fit on a 2010, and I don't think Nissan changed anything with the 2011. The factory Nissan intake is the same from 2004-2010.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going with the S&B and a cheater spring! Can't wait for Taxes to hit the bank!

Thanks all for the info.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Going with the S&B and a cheater spring! Can't wait for Taxes to hit the bank!

Thanks all for the info.
You will love it. Hey if you ever do ram air, make sure you get a pre-filter. It's a nylon cover for the filter to keep out dirt and water. Just FYI:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts