Nissan Titan Forum banner

Intake survey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, its another intake question. i have been doing some homework with intakes on the threads thats been posted about intakes ( especially shailey's from club titan ). all this information has been helpful to me, but i am still in a great debate on which to buy. i keep debating on which on to use because i had a problem with one in the past. it started on my other truck a 2000 tacoma, i was running an AEM brute force. after one and a half years of service it tripped my MAF and i needed to replace it with a new MAF. the MAF was tripped by the oil from the filter so i was looking for a filter that didn't need oilling. i know AEM has resolved this problem with thier new dryflow filter, and so has Volant ( i think ), but at the time there was no non-oiled filters. so i replaced the AEM with a Volant system. i picked the Volant because it seemed much better design, with cooler air flowing by being protceted with a box design and not a heat shield. plus my AEM tube was cracked the after MAF sensor so i thought a plastic piece would be more less problems. the volant performed well, just not as loud as the AEM ( i kind of like the noise ). so to finally end this long story, i want to know what type of intakes most of the members are running. i have narrowed it down to 3 inatkes.

1) S&B - my friend has it, and i heard and felt the performance that it has been a top consideration, just issues if it has oilling problems with the MAF

2) AEM - just because it performed well in my tacoma, and it has the new dryflow filter, plus i loved the sound

3) Volant - also because of the perfomance in my tacoma, and it has a newer design from the previous models

i also liked the injen but i heard it was a little quiet. i know what it comes down to is your own pefrence. so if you could please ease my mind a little. i left a poll to see which intakes were the best contenders, in the titans. so if you could please vote and leave your thoughts on how your intake performed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Need to add Nismo to the poll. I love it hands down v.s. my K&N 77 on my old 04 titan. I voted for other

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright me being a dumb a**, only now i saw the poll on the intakes, and it was much better than mines. well anyway if you feel like voting then go ahead, but i would also like to read your opinons. thanks anyway

·
Registered
683 Posts
I got the Nismo, looks nice, but it's not sealed. I have been doing some modifications to give a much better seal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know you didn't have a Nismo up there but I really like it, I didn't like the idea of the plastic intake as much. It sounds bad even at 2100 rpm, also the fact that it matches everything under the hood i also like. I would have gone with another 77 series on my new 07 but the returns were higher on the NISMO.The heat shield is a lot better on the Nismo the K&N was flimsy. I cant complain with the oil it sure cleans up nice, and since i have never ran an oiless i dont have any experiance with these types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts