Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bluetooth and stereo controls on my steering wheel. I want to upgrade my factory headunit to one with DVD/Nav/etc. Here are my questions.

1)If I install a headunit that DOESN'T have bluetooth, can I still use the factory bluetooth and control it from the steering wheel still?

2)If I install a headunit that DOES have bluetooth, can I still use the phone controls on my steering wheel to control it?

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just installed a JVC double din headunit that has BT built in and used the Axxess integration device that Sonic Electronix sells to integrate my factory steering wheel controls to the head unit. It worked seamlessly and is fully programmable to run anyway you want it to. I don't have factory BT so I can't answer your questions specifically, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a headunit that has BT. I doubt however, that you'd be able to use the factory BT once the factory HU is removed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't think you can use factory BT w/o factory H/U.

Check the programming guide for the steering wheel controls you want to use. Not all will have the ability to use the steering wheel buttons for phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts