Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got 4.69% at the dealer. Some credit union. Not great, not bad. Got the truck for straight invoice, so I didn't argue too much.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I Got 6.25% From N.M.A.C And Paid $100 Over Msrp For Mine In January. I Don't Reget It For A Minute. Sitting In My Titan Driving Down The Road Is So Awesome............

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got pre-approved for 35k @ 4.24 for 60mos with Capital One thought it would be a cash deal.
Told the dealer I got a great rate we could skip the loan salesman, they wanted to try and came back with 4.20 from Citizens Bank

·
Registered
66 Posts
cnatra said:
What he said !?!?!

I'm in Houston too
Tom Peacock, but I had an inside track. My stepdad knows several people there. I'm sure you would still get a good deal. I can refer you to the fleet manager if any of you are really serious.

·
Registered
93 Posts
5.95% through Nissan; 1% over invoice. I'm pleased considering I put $0 down.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Most of you probably already know this but I will mention it anyway for those younger Titan buyers. Some dealerships get a "take" or a percentage on the loan that they find from lending companies for you. They will tell you that they found you a loan for only 5% when in reality they found a 4% loan and marked it up to 5% so that they could pocket the extra 1%. Sometimes they will mark it up much more than that. To see for yourself just type in "auto loan markup" into the search box in a search engine and see how many "hits" you get.

Credit unions often have the lowest rates because they are non profit and don't have fat cats making big $$$ off of your and everyone else's loan. Credit unions will often allow you to pay you car note weekly through payroll deduction which makes it easier to budget. I like having $100 taken out weekly than getting hit with $400 all at once. Dealerships can seem to give you good rates, 0% etc., but they are making the money in other places.

Take your time and shop for credit before you shop for your Titan. The difference between a high and low rate loan on a Titan is about $2,000. $2,000 can help pay for that toy that you will be pulling behind your Titan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Take your time and shop for credit before you shop for your Titan. The difference between a high and low rate loan on a Titan is about $2,000. $2,000 can help pay for that toy that you will be pulling behind your Titan.
Well said. At the dealer the APR is negotiable, never accept the 1st offer.

·
Registered
530 Posts
3.75% from the dealer (through Fidelity). They matched the credit union's rates. In hindsight, I think they would have matched 3.5% or maybe lower if I had just told them that was what the credit union offered.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts