1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
It doesn't surprise me. After owning GMC trucks for years I made the switch to Titan after waiting forever for the 07 Tundra to come out and then go test drive one and really dislike the cost to value of it versus the Titan. But the big 3 weren't even on my radar for my next truck purchase.

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
P's Titan said:
good article.
I think the only thing keeping ford and "GM" truck #'s high is fleet sales. I still dont see Toyota or Nissan trucks ( LA County Life Gaurds use Fronty's and Titan's ) with City Governments or Big Companies.

Maybe they will start to switch?

We can only hope. Can you say "aftermarket" if the numbers go up? :)

Nice article!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
cpd315 said:
I made the switch to Titan after waiting forever for the 07 Tundra to come out and then go test drive one and really dislike the cost to value of it versus the Titan. But the big 3 weren't even on my radar for my next truck purchase.
Same here!

Looking at the new Tundra & the price vs options was enough for me. Titan was an overall better value & I also like the fact that the Titan is a little smaller than the Tundra. Too bad it doesn't have the Tundra's engine...

·
Registered
718 Posts
DRKSDE said:
Same here!

Looking at the new Tundra & the price vs options was enough for me. Titan was an overall better value & I also like the fact that the Titan is a little smaller than the Tundra. Too bad it doesn't have the Tundra's engine...
Still, the Titan's sales slipped 17% last month :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
DRKSDE said:
Same here!

The interior is more roomy and has more usable space then the crewmax tundra or whatever it's called. Then you look at the sticker and go WOW $35K and it doesn't even have a spray in liner? hell not even a plastic bed liner?? Anyway, I don't care for each gauge having it's own circle around them. I like all my gauges right in front of me. Well there's several things I didn't like about the Tundra that I liked about the Titan. But as far as being smaller, it felt like the Titan was much bigger b/c I feel like I can actually do more with it.

Well it's too late now, already signed my life away LOL:stab:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
All truck sales slumped for the reasons mentioned in the article, and I agree with their reasoning. But the line about Nissan and Toyota trucks "starting to win comparison tests" is a little off. Starting? They've always killed the big 3 in comparos. The only thing actually keeping these better trucks back are the backwoods rednecks with their "only buy American" attitudes. I say....fine, keep driving inferior products just to keep your 1972 hillbilly attitudes alive. The rest of us know better and will continue to enjoy the better vehicle. The big 3 had better hope Nissan or Toyota don't get a foothold on fleet sales because they'd be in HUGE trouble. Wheeew..I feel better now..lol.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The only thing actually keeping these better trucks back are the backwoods rednecks with their "only buy American" attitudes.
When I bought my Titan, the salesman said "and if anybody gives you any s**t about not buying American, tell them the engine was manufactured in Tennessee and the truck was assembled in Mississippi while their 'American' F-150 was probably assembled in Canada or Mexico."

I've already used that line a couple times.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BobNYC said:
When I bought my Titan, the salesman said "and if anybody gives you any s**t about not buying American, tell them the engine was manufactured in Tennessee and the truck was assembled in Mississippi while their 'American' F-150 was probably assembled in Canada or Mexico."

I've already used that line a couple times.
No argument here....lol. But their argument is that even though it's made here, proceeds still end up back in Japan. Then I ask.....where are the proceeds from sales of your Dodge Ram going then?.....umm.....Germany? It is a German owned company. The argument with these real "Americans" is pointless. They just don't get it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I couldnt beleive that the only "truck" thats selling less than the titan is the frontier. I do wonder sometimes if we are the only ones that think we have found something special here? You know. I do have a love hate relationship with my Titan, and I would like to climb back into a GMC sometimes did I really just say that???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts