Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's most of an email i got from my dealer today.
tho i think its a bit pricey, plus ive never heard of putting nitrogen in tires!?
what happens if my tire sensor goes off and i add some regular air to the nitrogen, will there be a big KABOOOM!?........

For our special we will give you a full synthetic oil change, rotate your

tires, evacuate the air in your tires and rejuvenate your inflation with

nitrogen, test the battery, inspect your brakes, perform a 27 Point

Inspection and fluid top off. All this for $99.95 plus tax. Offer ends

On July 31st, 2007

Here are the advantages:

Synthetic oil will extend your oil change interval to 5000 miles.

Synthetic oil can improve your fuel economy.

Nitrogen in your tires will extend the average life of your tires.

Nitrogen provides a consistent tire pressure which will save fuel.

According to the World Resources Institute for every gallon of

gasoline burned, you create almost 20 pounds of Carbon Dioxide.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
there were some threads on here about the Nitrogen in the tires. I dont remember what came of it?

The oil change my local dealer advertises $68 for. It may be a lil steep, most dealers give you a free 27 point inspection. The extra money could be for labor to remove air from tires and refil with Nitrogen.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
P's Titan said:
The extra money could be for labor to remove air from tires and refil with Nitrogen.

:rollingsm LABOR??? That's not labor. That's simply "time".

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Lol................

·
Registered
458 Posts
Costco has the machines to purge the tires of "air" and refill with nitrogen

advantages to nitrogen is that the molecule is larger, so it will leak less, as well as being more stable in the tempratures we live in (less fluctuation in pressure).

My bro ran nitrogen in his stock tires on his G35 coupe, and they went well past 55k... pretty much unheard of, although he mostly had highway miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We use nitrogen in our shifter karts tires when we race.The tire pressure is more stable.When we were using just air the tire pressure would be around 2-3lbs higher after a couple of laps when the tires heated up.With nitrogen same pressure even after a full race. I have heard for cars and trucks its suppose to be better for the rubber on the inside of the tire as well as valve stems seals and Tire pressure sensors.It seems to be getting more popular now because they now even offer Nitrogen fills at Costco.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
my friend was a tech for nissan and volkswagon and he told me theres no "Great" difference and its just a new way for dealers to make money... could you picture paying 20 bucks to fill em up with air ? no so they gotta make it something else...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Simple physics dictates that 20 lbs of carbon dioxide made from 12 pounds of gasoline doesn't add up.

Andrew

·
Registered
160 Posts
i saw an advertisement at the local "custom" shop. they had about 5 diff signs next to the rims and tires display. it was the first i had heard of it until reading this.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
toyhunt said:
Nitrogen is inert.Did you fail chemistry?
Yeah I love it when people talk about "boom" and nitrogen. I think some people forget that 70% of the atmosphere is nitrogen.

Andrew

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ablexus said:
Yeah I love it when people talk about "boom" and nitrogen. I think some people forget that 70% of the atmosphere is nitrogen.

Andrew
oh, excuuuusssseee moi. most peeps dont know that, only nerdy professors or Tundra owners!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think people are mistaking nitrogen for hydrogen as in the Hindenburg. I think that is why most people thing Boom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts