Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What features in your Titan do you find to be intrigued by? Anything cool that you've noticed that isn't obvious?

A few that I've learned about:

Apparently the front camera doesn't just tell you how close you are to an object while parking but it also scans the speed limit signs and displays that information near your speedometer.

The adaptive cruise control is an interesting concept, but I haven't tried to use it yet. I figure if I'm gonna long roadtrip, it may be useful, but for my 10 mile commute, not so much.

The 360 cameras are also kind of cool, but the display resolution looks a little cartoony in its presentation. It looks almost like 1st generation Star Wars graphics.

The approach lights on the side mirrors are kind of cool, as it shows you a decent view of what's sitting near the door. I've seen similar lights on vehicles like Lincoln's and other luxury brands. Some brands display their logo, which is cool. I'm content with just a light.

Part of me wishes that I had the panoramic sunroof, but I wonder how much chassis stiffness is lost with that feature. Might make it easier to clean the roof of the truck though.

Any other cool features anyone has noticed on their vehicle? Also, I didn't get into the Nissan Connect stuff, but there is a lot of cool features in there as well.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
2018 Rogue I use to have had the adaptive cruise control. Was always confused why it wasn't in the 2018 Titan when I bought it. I really like it. When caught up in traffic it always seems there is that one person that constantly speeds up and slows down. Loved that I didn't have to keep resetting the cruise.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
2018 Rogue I use to have had the adaptive cruise control. Was always confused why it wasn't in the 2018 Titan when I bought it. I really like it. When caught up in traffic it always seems there is that one person that constantly speeds up and slows down. Loved that I didn't have to keep resetting the cruise.
My 2018 Rogue SV has car play and remote start, my 2018 Titan cost $20,000 more and didn’t have those.

Clint

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2018 Rogue SV has car play and remote start, my 2018 Titan cost $20,000 more and didn’t have those.

Clint
That's interesting. I saw the ads and they tout the safety features as standard across the board for all of their Titans. I should've messed with the salesman and told him that I like the deal, but if he couldn't get me a cassette deck, that I was walking. I'm sure he would've found a way to put one in. Do cars come with even CD players anymore? No telling what the next big feature is going to be, "The 2025 Titan comes standard with ESP, just think of a song, and it will play that song".

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
416 Posts
My Titan is a 2012, so a fair bit older than your new one. But in the spirit of this thread, there are some details about the truck that I really like. Many of them are quite small details, but they show a thoughtfulness that I find amazing.

• Bag hooks on the underside of the rear seat. (My SL only had 2 hooks on the driver's side, but I bought more hooks to install on the other side of the truck.)
  • Roll down center portion of the rear window.
  • Power outlets in the bed and back seat area.
  • The "old man step" under the left side of the rear bumper.
  • Folding armrests on the front seats.
  • The feature that lets you roll down the windows by holding the unlock button on the key fob.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
  • Bag hooks on the underside of the rear seat. (My SL only had 2 hooks on the driver's side, but I bought more hooks to install on the other side of the truck.)
  • Power outlets in the back seat area.
  • The feature that lets you roll down the windows by holding the unlock button on the key fob.
My 2004 Titan had all of this. It's not new to the 2nd generation Titan.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My 2004 Titan had all of this. It's not new to the 2nd generation Titan.
I wouldn't say it has to be new to the 2nd generation, as he literally just made me aware of the key fob feature. I used it today after work, and impressed a colleague. lol

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
I wouldn't say it has to be new to the 2nd generation, as he literally just made me aware of the key fob feature. I used it today after work, and impressed a colleague. lol
If I lay down while dressed I make sure the key fob isn’t in my pocket as I’ve found my windows open in the past. Fortunately it wasn’t raining.

Clint

·
Registered
55 Posts
the adaptive cruise control deal is super handy, my wife has it in her 2018 Armada and she kinda dislikes it, but after driving over 1800 miles each way on a trip a few weeks back I sure wish I had it. Sadly wasn't even an option on the '18s as I understand it. Same deal with the panoramic sunroof, if it were an option I would have absolutely made it my missions to find one with it, but the biggest thing for me is having the solar flare color...I can forgive the lack of a couple of nice to haves in exchange for still having a fully loaded truck in my favorite color.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like the tire pressure monitoring system on new Nissans more than any other brand. When you're filling the tires, the hazard lights automatically turn on and the horn honks when you've reached your target pressure. In addition, the reading is accurate without having to reset and drive 50 miles like a Honda. Even my BMW, which also had an excellent tire pressure system that even displayed the temperature, needed some drive time to give you a reading.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
the adaptive cruise control deal is super handy, my wife has it in her 2018 Armada and she kinda dislikes it, but after driving over 1800 miles each way on a trip a few weeks back I sure wish I had it. Sadly wasn't even an option on the '18s as I understand it. Same deal with the panoramic sunroof, if it were an option I would have absolutely made it my missions to find one with it, but the biggest thing for me is having the solar flare color...I can forgive the lack of a couple of nice to haves in exchange for still having a fully loaded truck in my favorite color.
I also have a Stinger Yellow Challenger SRT so I’m very fond of yellow vehicles. I hear you on having what you want.

Clint

Reactions: 4sarge

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, I made color less a priority over getting the features I wanted but the blue just spoke to me out of all the other truck colors the dealership had on the lot. I do wish I had been able to get the ventilated seats as that's a must in Texas during the summer.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Lol, I made color less a priority over getting the features I wanted but the blue just spoke to me out of all the other truck colors the dealership had on the lot. I do wish I had been able to get the ventilated seats as that's a must in Texas during the summer.
I did the very hot weather in Florida with leather seats and the air conditioning did just fine in keeping me comfortable.

Clint

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Titan is a 2012, so a fair bit older than your new one. But in the spirit of this thread, there are some details about the truck that I really like. Many of them are quite small details, but they show a thoughtfulness that I find amazing.

• Roll down center portion of the rear window.
  • Power outlets in the bed and back seat area.
  • The "old man step" under the left side of the rear bumper.
Apparently you can also use the key inside the keyfob to roll the windows back up. I found this useful video as well.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I find the auto wipers cool, but the little dude at the car wash didn’t when they turned on when he sprayed my windshield. Who knew?

Syncing the key fob to the memory seats is cool. Always drove me bonkers when the wife messed up my seat and steering wheel position. I use my fob. I get my settings. She uses hers. She gets hers. One less thing to argue about. There are more, but at least this is no longer one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find the auto wipers cool, but the little dude at the car wash didn’t when they turned on when he sprayed my windshield. Who knew?

Syncing the key fob to the memory seats is cool. Always drove me bonkers when the wife messed up my seat and steering wheel position. I use my fob. I get my settings. She uses hers. She gets hers. One less thing to argue about. There are more, but at least this is no longer one.
How do you sync the key fobs? I haven't seen a number on my keyfobs to see which one is #1 and #2.

One interesting feature I stumbled upon earlier today, I was driving on the highway, and about a 1/8th mile ahead, there was an emergency vehicle with its lights flashing ahead of me on the service road. The truck's IC squawks at me as if I were about to rear-end someone. I can only assume that the flashing police lights caused the system to alert me of their presence. Kind of caught me off guard, and seemed like a bit of a distraction.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
416 Posts
Press the set button for the memory seats.
Press the number 1.
Hold the fob near the buttons and press lock.
Repeat with button number 2 and the other fob.

The fobs aren't numbered... It's up to you to remember which fob is which.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Press the set button for the memory seats.
Press the number 1.
Hold the fob near the buttons and press lock.
Repeat with button number 2 and the other fob.

The fobs aren't numbered... It's up to you to remember which fob is which.
Have you ever considered becoming a Nissan salesman? I imagine they'll keep you there until they find out that you spend half the time in the shop upgrading your rig and hanging around the parts department. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At first I thought the 360 degree camera was gimmicky, but started to appreciate it when I need to park far enough into the driveway to avoid blocking the sidewalk but far enough from the garage so that I can drive my car out.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts