Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
You become to complacent using this crap, I heard beep beep beep and was numb to the sound and backed into someone’s mailbox. Two trucks ago I had sonar, I had a camera and then got a $600 bill to fix the tailgate.
You become a less attentive driver overall no matter what you think.

Clint
Agree. Let me operate the vehicle. When, not if, these sensors fail, people will be lost on what to do.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
You become to complacent using this crap, I heard beep beep beep and was numb to the sound and backed into someone’s mailbox. Two trucks ago I had sonar, I had a camera and then got a $600 bill to fix the tailgate.

Clint
So true. I treat all that stuff as reinforcement for my chin to shoulder and mirror to mirror glances, but others put too much trust in the technology. Just like the "x" amount to empty group. Go ahead. Trust their math if you like. Technology is only as good as the person programming it. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
No not a replacement for mirrors. still nice to have unless you are backing a trailer.lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
That won’t happen with auto reverse braking. Trust me, it will stop you in your tracks. I want to get closer to my garage when parking, but it will apply the brakes before I get back to where I want to be. The first time it happened it stopped so quick I actually thought I hit the garage. I actually got out and looked at it. 😳

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
When I hit the mailbox I felt like the biggest jackass.

Clint

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I went through the DQ drive through and every sensor on that thing went off. Seriously had a lost in space moment. Danger! Danger! Will Robertson. Put my hands up thinking I was being arrested. Wife called the police for me getting a blizzard.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Clint
I miss my 6-speed manual transmission for the same reason. You had to be engaged in driving. You couldn't text while driving, everything was "analog".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went through the DQ drive through and every sensor on that thing went off. Seriously had a lost in space moment. Danger! Danger! Will Robertson. Put my hands up thinking I was being arrested. Wife called the police for me getting a blizzard.
You know you can shut them off right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I do and have. Just caught me off guard a little. Turn them off earlier now.
I hear you, I have to shut mine off going to dunkin donuts drive through. That lane was made for a mini cooper, not my truck! I have to tilt the mirrors down so I can see the rear wheels when I make the sharp turn, so I don't tear them up. That puts the front end up to the bushes lining the drive. My Titan doesn't like that place, it screams every time I go there.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
a lot of drive throughs here in corpus make that system go crazy. its hard to ignore it when the stupid thing is beeping like crazy when the person is trying to give you your food or drinks.

i just hit enter as soon as it first beeps so i can have quiet

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
That won’t happen with auto reverse braking. Trust me, it will stop you in your tracks. I want to get closer to my garage when parking, but it will apply the brakes before I get back to where I want to be. The first time it happened it stopped so quick I actually thought I hit the garage. I actually got out and looked at it. 😳
lol, this literally just happened to me yesterday. I found myself having to slowly let off the brake, let the truck creep a few inches, apply the brake, release, until I was about 3-4 inches away.

a lot of drive throughs here in corpus make that system go crazy. its hard to ignore it when the stupid thing is beeping like crazy when the person is trying to give you your food or drinks.

i just hit enter as soon as it first beeps so i can have quiet
ATMs are pretty bad. I appear to be just close enough to the ATM to reach the screen, but the thing just screams at me unless I turn it off.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I found that if I use the door button to unlock the passenger door, it doesn't unlock the driver's side door. Kind of weird for me as I'm used to all doors unlocking with unlocking the passenger door. I get the rationale for the driver's side doing that, as it's a safety thing.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I found that if I use the door button to unlock the passenger door, it doesn't unlock the driver's side door. Kind of weird for me as I'm used to all doors unlocking with unlocking the passenger door. I get the rationale for the driver's side doing that, as it's a safety thing.
Worked the same on my 2018. Push button once unlocks door. Push it again it unlocks rear door of same side. UPDATE: See my comment below

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Worked the same on my 2018. Push button once unlocks door. Push it again it unlocks rear door of same side.
On a lot of other cars I have, if the passenger door is unlocked via the door button, it automatically unlocks all of the doors. This is on kias, chevys etc. I figured it was interesting in that it was different than the other 4 vehicles I've owned.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Worked the same on my 2018. Push button once unlocks door. Push it again it unlocks rear door of same side.
I always thought a double push on either door unlocked all doors (and tailgate on the Titan) that’s how it works on my 2008 Maxima also.

·
Registered
365 Posts
One of my favorite features on my 2020 P4X is the adjustable headlight leveler. I use it all the time. Turning them down when pulling up to lower cars at stop signs or going through fast food pickup lines. The stock lights are brighter than they used to be.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts