Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
One of my favorite features on my 2020 P4X is the adjustable headlight leveler. I use it all the time. Turning them down when pulling up to lower cars at stop signs or going through fast food pickup lines. The stock lights are brighter than they used to be.
I get a few people flashing their brights at me thinking that I'm driving around with my brights on. Although, I think one time it was someone alerting me to a cop down the road.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I must admit to buffoonery. My wife gets a new car. Finds out from a friend that if she's close to the car with the fob, she can push the button on handle to unlock it. No need to dig for the fob. I think to myself "I have a button on my handle. Could it be?". Yep, worked the same. After a year of owning the truck. I dare not mention how many times I dug in my pocket for the the fob after a remote start. Oh duh is an understatement. My only defense is that neither dealer mentioned the use of the button. I saw the button. Probably pushed it a few times. Lost interest. I'm now interested.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i remember when cars started coming with those little buttons on the handles and thinking to myself what the heck is that for? ha ha ha.

but, i imagine a few of us grew up when ac and an automatic was optional and most people didn't get it since it cost a lot.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I must admit to buffoonery. My wife gets a new car. Finds out from a friend that if she's close to the car with the fob, she can push the button on handle to unlock it. No need to dig for the fob. I think to myself "I have a button on my handle. Could it be?". Yep, worked the same. After a year of owning the truck. I dare not mention how many times I dug in my pocket for the the fob after a remote start. Oh duh is an understatement. My only defense is that neither dealer mentioned the use of the button. I saw the button. Probably pushed it a few times. Lost interest. I'm now interested.

View attachment 550730
lol, well at least you didn't try to use the key to unlock the door. I think it's posted here in the earlier thread, but how do you like rolling down the windows with the keyfob as you approach the vehicle? I actually find that to work better than turning on the remote start and letting the A/C cool the vehicle, as it does a great job of expelling the hot air without burning fuel.

i remember when cars started coming with those little buttons on the handles and thinking to myself what the heck is that for? ha ha ha.

but, i imagine a few of us grew up when ac and an automatic was optional and most people didn't get it since it cost a lot.
I remember seeing the keypad on older Ford vehicles. I don't think I ever saw anyone punching in their code to get into their car. I'm curious to see how this would be received, imagine all the handprints on your window.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
Oh man, yup. I would be mad about hand prints right in your line of site all the time

·
Registered
821 Posts
I miss my 6-speed manual transmission for the same reason. You had to be engaged in driving. You couldn't text while driving, everything was "analog".
And this is why I purchased a 08 Honda Civic 5-spd manual for my 16 yr old daughter last year lol. I want her to learn a manual plus, it'll be hard to text and drive.........

Ok part of it was me missing manual too but don't tell anyone :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
And this is why I purchased a 08 Honda Civic 5-spd manual for my 16 yr old daughter last year lol. I want her to learn a manual plus, it'll be hard to text and drive.........

Ok part of it was me missing manual too but don't tell anyone :)
Just a little side note on that, guys that can't drive a manual are a little intimidated by a girl that can, so that'll at least keep the boys away that don't know how to drive a stick. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I remember seeing the keypad on older Ford vehicles. I don't think I ever saw anyone punching in their code to get into their car. I'm curious to see how this would be received, imagine all the handprints on your window.

I loved that keypad on my f150. Could hide keys inside the truck and lock them in and just use the pad to unlock the truck. Worked great for going to the gym or the lake on the boat.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Ford still does those keypads (or did, as of 2017). We have them on two vehicles, and have had them on several in the past. I love the dadgum things. Crazy how much you start to rely on being able to get in via code. We lock the keys in the Expy when we take the boat out pretty much every time. Come back, slip off the boat with my shoes and a towel, let myself in the truck with the code, and back down the ramp. My son loads the boat and away we go.

We even used the keypad to get into my son's F150 to open/close the garage door before I got a wireless keypad for the garage door. Made it easy to keep everything locked up tight.

I have a keypad from Nissan, but need to get some 3M tape to install it. Going to put it inside the gas door so it's not obvious. They made them as stick-on mounts for a while, but stopped. My guess is, Ford threatened a lawsuit over them or some such.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
our 2018 ford had the key pad still. my kids loved it because they would lock their mom's keys in the car and that pad let them get the keys out without getting in trouble, ha ha ha.

i found out on the titan that if some one else leaves her keys in the truck because she has lost them and won't say because she loses crap all the time, you cannot lock the doors and think something is wrong.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
One "feature" that I wish these trucks had was a locking fuel door. It's funny because out of the last 6 vehicles I've owned in the past 5 years, the two gas guzzlers with V8s didn't have locking fuel doors, but the other vehicles were 4-bangers and had locking fuel doors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One "feature" that I wish these trucks had was a locking fuel door. It's funny because out of the last 6 vehicles I've owned in the past 5 years, the two gas guzzlers with V8s didn't have locking fuel doors, but the other vehicles were 4-bangers and had locking fuel doors.
LOLOLOOL trueee

·
Registered
821 Posts
Today was the first time I needed to put air in my tire, there's a screw in it. While airing it up I kept checking the PSI with my hand held gauge. Truck was still running. I didn't know that when the required pressure was met the horn beeps once. Pretty cool feature, I stopped and looked in my truck and sure enough, the low tire was displaying 35 psi like the other three in the DIC.

Not sure if that'll happen with the truck turned off.

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Today was the first time I needed to put air in my tire, there's a screw in it. While airing it up I kept checking the PSI with my hand held gauge. Truck was still running. I didn't know that when the required pressure was met the horn beeps once. Pretty cool feature, I stopped and looked in my truck and sure enough, the low tire was displaying 35 psi like the other three in the DIC.

I’d think it will still beep.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts

Yes definitely a cool feature. Also, if you keep adding air, say to 38 psi, the horn will beep three times. It reminds me of the Price is Right game, “That’s too much!”

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
One feature that I'm going to try to disable is the automatic braking. I was driving the other day and the crazy "obstacle" alert came on. Apparently the camera saw the shadow cast by a bridge that I was driving under. I'm just glad that the automatic braking didn't kick in. Hopefully it's set to only brake when the sonar picks up an item. Either way, didn't like the flashing light telling me that I was about to crash into a shadow.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i read everything about the newer trucks and i wonder if i want to trade mine for a newer one in a few years or just keep it? i already have a lot of annoying electronics on this 2017 and you guys have way more.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I don't like all the "nannies" trucks come with these days. Some creature comforts are fine but geez!
It's way out of control now. A few years down the road, the gadgets will start wearing out and causing issues. Service departments can't support what's out there now, and more keep getting added. The technology has exceeded the skillset of mechanics as we know them. They are good at what they do, but the game has changed. Seems a bit unfair. Most of the folks I know getting into new cars want their phone connected, Spotify connected, and a functioning low fuel light. Other than that, they're oblivious.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's way out of control now. A few years down the road, the gadgets will start wearing out and causing issues. Service departments can't support what's out there now, and more keep getting added. The technology has exceeded the skillset of mechanics as we know them. They are good at what they do, but the game has changed. Seems a bit unfair. Most of the folks I know getting into new cars want their phone connected, Spotify connected, and a functioning low fuel light. Other than that, they're oblivious.
A LOT of drivers are already extremely bad drivers and adding all this stuff makes them even more so because they rely on the vehicles nowadays to do most of the driving for them. And you are correct, these things will wear out eventually. Not trying to offend anyone, but most mechanics and not mechanics from what I remember about mechanics. They just change out what the computer tells them to switch out, sometimes that fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. When was the last time you heard of someone rebuilding an engine?

61 - 80 of 109 Posts