Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I don't like all the "nannies" trucks come with these days. Some creature comforts are fine but geez!
I have to admit, the "Overhead" camera makes me feel like a parking lot super-hero, always lined up perfectly in the parking space. Having said that, these "aids" make me a bad driver in my non-nannied car. I'm also guilty of letting my blinker tell me if there is someone in my blind spot. I can only imagine how much worse a driver I'll be when I don't have these features available to me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have to admit, the "Overhead" camera makes me feel like a parking lot super-hero, always lined up perfectly in the parking space. Having said that, these "aids" make me a bad driver in my non-nannied car. I'm also guilty of letting my blinker tell me if there is someone in my blind spot. I can only imagine how much worse a driver I'll be when I don't have these features available to me.
Don't get me wrong, some are nice......the all around view camera is nice when trying to park this thing AND the rear camera when I'm trying to back it in my garage and just kissing the wall instead of taking it out lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree, some of the new features in these trucks really do make it nice to drive, especially long distances. The biggest gripe that I have is these things are really nice when they work, but when they don't they get really frustrating. I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to run my fist through the head unit because of "Nissan Connect". I finally had to bypass it because it hardly ever worked. I just want to be able to get in my truck and everything work.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I gotta admit, I like being able to see how close to the curb my tires are. I don't like resting them up against the curb. Glad the 360 view shows the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
I just figured out if I unlock my driver side door with one push on the handle keyless entry it just unlocks my driver door only. If I unlock my passenger side door with one push, it unlocks my passenger door AND my tailgate. I wish this was reversed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just figured out if I unlock my driver side door with one push on the handle keyless entry it just unlocks my driver door only. If I unlock my passenger side door with one push, it unlocks my passenger door AND my tailgate. I wish this was reversed.
You can change that in the settings menu, but I don’t remember what submenu it’s under. I changed mine the first week I owned it so they would all unlock together.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
I remember cycling through all the settings when I first purchased and seeing the one for unlock all doors with 1 push. I just left it on the factory setting not really thinking about it. I need access to my bed throughout the day and just realized the driver/passenger difference. It really puzzles me why the passenger side would unlock the tailgate, and the driver side does not with the one push.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
A few features I like/liked about Nissan Connect (when I had the trial package and some are still available) is it let you set a geo-fence on the app so that it would warn you if your vehicle was taken outside of the geofence. It also let you set a notification so that you'd get a message when it was driven over a set speed limit. I do like seeing where my vehicle is at any moment, so that when you've dropped it off at the dealership, they aren't taking it for a joy ride... COUGH COUGH ahem.... Anyone care to make a guess.....

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I think you can double tap it and all unlock.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The NissanConnect features would be nice if I had a kid I let drive. I can’t see paying for the things in a monthly subscription though. It’s kind of like paying Nissan $100 to update the map on the gps, there are better ways to spend that money and better apps on my phone for navigation. I’ve tried using the truck nav once or twice and it’s just a cumbersome process.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
The NissanConnect features would be nice if I had a kid I let drive. I can’t see paying for the things in a monthly subscription though. It’s kind of like paying Nissan $100 to update the map on the gps, there are better ways to spend that money and better apps on my phone for navigation. I’ve tried using the truck nav once or twice and it’s just a cumbersome process.
It's definitely nice for the few months that they let you have it "free", but yeah even at $80 a year (IIRC, that was the quoted price for me to update) it's a little too expensive.

The version I had with the few Kia's that I used to own, you could actually set the temperature for the climate control, which was nice. I would really consider paying for it if it had a security camera feature that let you view the interior and exterior of your vehicle while it was parked. Imagine having your vehicle parked outside your house and it acting like a moving "Ring camera". That's the kind of features that would make me consider parting with my hard earned money.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
I think you can double tap it and all unlock.
Yes this double tap feature works for unlocking all doors and tailgate from both doors, however the single press to unlock driver and tailgate would be my first choice if given. Passenger side makes no sense

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
Yes this double tap feature works for unlocking all doors and tailgate from both doors, however the single press to unlock driver and tailgate would be my first choice if given. Passenger side makes no sense
Certainly. I'm looking for that setting shortly.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
142 Posts
I changed the unlock to one press for all doors and tailgate. IF there is a way to keep it one press for driver unlock and tailgate, let me know! Thanks
image.jpg

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
So interesting note going from the P4X to the PR. I used to use a USB-C to USB-C cable on a Lenovo laptop that I used at work. When I bought the Pro-4X I figured I'd try to plug my phone in with the cable. I would always get "incompatible device" or some similar error with the P4X. For whatever reason, the PR recognizes the phone, and charges it. I just thought it was rather odd that I could never get the USB-C port to work on the P4X. Hopefully it does charge faster and has a better data throughput, although I didn't see much issue with the regular USB drive.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Wow!! Super cool
Yeah, although I think it's just way too much for me, like the puddle lights, not that I don't like them, but it just seems like a lot of extra fluff and dazzle. Oh well, I guess with me wanting cooling seats, the other extra stuff was bound to be bundled, which are relatively loud now that I think about it. When I have the radio on, I don't hear the seats, but when I'm about to turn off the truck, I have to pause for a bit as I start to wonder what that noise is, as it sounds like a refrigerator or PC fan humming, not bagpipe loud of course.

Oh and something else that I found interesting, in a moment of weakness I drove through the Taco Hell drive-thru and the proximity sensors didn't scream at me. Also, as I was stopped at a light this morning, a homeless panhandler started to approach my window, and the motion sensors didn't scream at me either. I had to actually toggle the parking sensor off and on to make sure it was engaged. I'm thinking maybe the front skid-plate on the P4X required Nissan to move the sensors around which made them more sensitive.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts