Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my first oild change on the Titan and when I removed the forward skid plate a 10MM socket fell out. It was pretty rusty so it had been trapped in there for awhile. I guess the asembly line has somd lax tool control procedures.....

I only had a 1000 miles on her but I wanted to get the factory oil out since I knew the truck had been sitting for a long time before I bought it. just shy of 7 quarts of Mobil 1. Ouch!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Kinda cool you actually have the tool that assembled your truck!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I don't remember what forum member said it but you can take most of the Titan apart with a 10mm socket.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
So you wouldnt be mad if you found a rusted nut in your oil?
it was above his skid plate. reread 1st post. i have dropped plenty of tools and screws behind the grill and thru engine, the skid plate always catches em.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Nothing wrong with free tools. Heck I always lose the 10mm sockets for some reason, maybe that's where they are...

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Oh my bad lol, I thought a rusty nut dropped out of your oil lol.
I deserve the tags, bring em to me lol
be careful what you wish for :teethmast

·
Banned
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Kinda cool you actually have the tool that assembled your truck!
NO NO he found the socket that assembled some of the truck, the ''tool'' still works on the line:teethmast

·
Premium Member
58,568 Posts
The tags are classic.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I was service manager at an RV dealership, my techs used to always find tools inside walls, behind cabinets. I'm not just talking about sockets and bits, but actual staple guns, jigsaws, parts...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My dad took his car to a shop to have the oil done one time. When he left, he heard a weird scraping noise the whole way home. He looked under the car top find the wrench and socket still stuck to the oil pan nut! It dragged the whole way home and didn't fall off. He still has it and uses it to this day. One side of the end of the wrench is scraped away - looks funny.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I got a free crank for my camper from the dealer that way. I have a popup and they left it in the lift system when they worked on the camper. It was dark when I picked it up and didn't discover it until I stopped to get something to drink. I called them and asked if they wanted it back the next time I was there - they said to keep it. It costs about $10 from them and I'm sure they have a bunch from the manufacturer they got free.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You have to drop a skid plate to change the oil? I have to do my first oil change since the last one the dealer did in Feb. I was gonna do it myself. Is the skid plate a big deal?

·
Premium Member
75,497 Posts
You have to drop a skid plate to change the oil? I have to do my first oil change since the last one the dealer did in Feb. I was gonna do it myself. Is the skid plate a big deal?
nah, skid plate is cake. if the bolts are rusted it can be difficult though....

had to take mine off to retrieve my dropped 10mm socket when i was putting my intake on... oh the irony....

and of course when it's oil changing time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts