Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed that when it rains or condensation drips off of cups onto my seat, it leaves HORRIBLE spots on the seat fabric.

1. What is the easiest way to remove these?

2. Can I use a protectant such as Scotchguard on the fabric? Any recomendations?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
98 Posts
The material is dry clean only material. How ever you can use a damp rag and rub the spots out. If you do this rub and wipe the entire seat so it drys even. I have used a foam fabric cleaner and do the entire seat cushion and then wipe them with a dry cloth. My favorite method is a dry cleaning cloth, which I purchase at my local food store. It is for your dry clean only cloths and comes in a box with individual foil packs. I use one or two of these to go over my seat cushions and my arm rests and that cleans them nicely. Allow solvnet from the cloths to air dry about 1-2 hours before planting your rear in the seat. Sorry I cant remember the name of the dry cleaning product but it should be in the laudry detergent section fo the store, and clearly states dry cleaning on the box. good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preciate the feedback. Definately going to try that this evening! Any ideas on seat protectant?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Scotch Guard is by nature is not for dry clean only fabric. You will have to read the directions of use on the spray can. In my experience cleaing upholstery you would have to buy a dry clean only fabric protectant and Im not sure whats out there on the market. good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update guys..cleaned the seats with fabric cleaner on a clean rag. Then applied Scotchgard Auto Fabric directly to seats and carpet in light coats and brushed lightly with a soft towel after each coat. Works like a charm :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
great to hear it worked out ok for you, what I would say is that don't obsess on it, you will most likely get those stains again from the dripping coffee etc. I am almost in the same situation where my son spoils the fabric every time he feeds on bottle :s... what I do is leave it as is, as I have scheduled monthly steam cleaning service for the car with DetailXperts, I sent the car over to them once a month and it returns all cleaned up smelling very nice. I would suggest you do something of that sort as well for the future.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the followup TEXAS! I will be doing is this weekend...

·
Registered
124 Posts
appreciate it.....the stains are driving me crazy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts