Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new '07 KC a week ago. I love the truck, but can't stand the stereo and here is why.

The rear pass. side speaker (in the 1/2 door) sounds like it is blown. Anything over about '10' on the volume knob makes it sound like the interior panel is going to fall off (noticed this at test drive and the dealer will look into it on Thursday).

This morning on my way to work I notice the drivers side front door panel is vibrating (it stops if I push my elbow against the door arm rest) if the song has any bass.

I'm not sure if this is the 'optional' stereo or not but my SE came with a 'preferred package' I think... Looks to be a 6 speaker setup with 2 in the dash, and 1 per door, no sub included.

Not trying to sound like a whiner... Just wondering if anyone else has this problem so if the dealer tells me these noises are 'normal' I have a rebuttal.

Thank you in advance.

-Nate

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
No, that is not normal. My 05 6 CD non RF system has no rattles. I crank it up to 23 and nothing makes any abnormal noises. I have to knock on wood because I have no interior rattles anywhere. knock knock knock....lol.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I had to have my front passenger door speaker replaced when I bought mine in 04. It also sounded blown and did just what yours is doing. I learned along time ago if something is wrong with the vehicle DO NOT buy it then. Tell the dealer to fix it then buy it. That way if it cant be fixed then your not stuck with it.I almost bought a ferd explorer 8 years ago with AC probs. I told them to fix it first and he said lets do the paper work and then we will fix it. I told him to fix it. After they said they fixed it I took it on a long test drive and it went out again. I took it back, gave them the keys, and walked out.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
I had to have my front passenger door speaker replaced when I bought mine in 04. It also sounded blown and did just what yours is doing. I learned along time ago if something is wrong with the vehicle DO NOT buy it then. Tell the dealer to fix it then buy it. That way if it cant be fixed then your not stuck with it.I almost bought a ferd explorer 8 years ago with AC probs. I told them to fix it first and he said lets do the paper work and then we will fix it. I told him to fix it. After they said they fixed it I took it on a long test drive and it went out again. I took it back, gave them the keys, and walked out.
That's very good advice and applies to any large purchase.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No it's not normal. My 07 SE with the Rockford has no rattles. It's under warranty take it back and get it fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helinut1970 said:
Before leaving the dealership I made a list of items that needed attention. We setup a date for me to drop the truck off.

I must agree that Helinut's advise is solid... However they could not guarantee 1.9 financing the following day as the 'tent sale' ended the day I purchased the truck. I could have argued with them more about it... But I really, really wanted to take it home that day.

Thank you all for the help. The truck is going back on Thursday for a new windshield (cracked from a prev. test drive), a small dent fix, and other misc. items that I was not pleased with...

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Great advice! That's why we still let you hang with us even though you now drive a Chebby! :jester:

Clint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts