Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the past week or so, I have been experiencing an intermittent issue with the search function. After entering the intended search keywords, the search returns this error message:
connection to sphinx01-us-central1:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

It appears to happen more frequently when trying to use the search function from the header tool bar. Sometimes just going to a different section - like the New Posts area - and using the Custom Search box on the right will work. Sometimes the Google search doesn't work from that box - returns a blank page - but the alternative search in the box pull down - VB Search - will work, even when the Google function isn't working. Other times, neither will work.

I can generally get one of the search boxes to work, if I log out and back in.

Something's not right...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
It happens.

Best shot, :google: what you want. I have found that this site has been here for so long that the older threads with the meat to fix your issues are buried and only the more recent junk and repeats come up. And trust me... I've been here forever! Whenever I want to find something on here, I :google: it anymore. Best answers that more closely fit your question... Ain't nobody got time to play hide and seek when you want answers. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
69,135 Posts
Same here.

connection to sphinx01-us-central1:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

·
Super Moderator
160,548 Posts
I'm getting that error this morning. There have been some changes going on. They moved to HTTPS protocal and there have been some other, less visible changes. I'll open up a ticket and let them know about the search function.

Be patient, and thanks!

·
Super Moderator
160,548 Posts
Hey, guys. The short of it is that the search issue is related to one of the changes to the site. They're aware of it and they're working on it. Just be patient while they work their way through it.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts