Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Titan via internet purchase. Anybody out here do that rather then go thru a dealer?? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would recommend going to a dealer. So you can look under the hood, sit in the driver seat, make sure you are getting what you are paying for.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
IGBT said:
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Titan via internet purchase. Anybody out here do that rather then go thru a dealer?? :)

Are you wanting to do it through the nissan website?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I do all my car buying on the Internet. I start by finding the vehical I want and the specific options and what each package comes with. I like to use Edmunds.com to do this. Once I find the car/truck I want and get the invoice price I go online to the dealers in my area and deal directly through their internet sales department. I search their inventory to see if they have that exact truck and if so make them a deal. Doing this with several dealers in my area all online, telling each one what the other is offering can begin a pretty serious bidding war to get your sale at their dealer. Once a dealer makes a reasonable offer online, go to that dealer and then test drive and inspect the vehical. If you like and want to buy, you have already done the negotiating and have a set price! Just make sure they dont add anything else to make you pay more and enjoy your new ride. Like I said, I do all mine online and have gotten all my cars at invoice or below to include rebates. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. :cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MacOtac said:
I do all my car buying on the Internet. I start by finding the vehical I want and the specific options and what each package comes with. I like to use Edmunds.com to do this. Once I find the car/truck I want and get the invoice price I go online to the dealers in my area and deal directly through their internet sales department. I search their inventory to see if they have that exact truck and if so make them a deal. Doing this with several dealers in my area all online, telling each one what the other is offering can begin a pretty serious bidding war to get your sale at their dealer. Once a dealer makes a reasonable offer online, go to that dealer and then test drive and inspect the vehical. If you like and want to buy, you have already done the negotiating and have a set price! Just make sure they dont add anything else to make you pay more and enjoy your new ride. Like I said, I do all mine online and have gotten all my cars at invoice or below to include rebates. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. :cheers:

..all the locals can't/won't beat this deal. what do you guys think??

2008 Nissan Titan SE (A5) 4x4 King Cab SWB
CarsDirect Price: $ 25,997.00
Exterior Color: Blizzard
Interior Color: Charcoal

VEHICLE DETAILS

Customer Rebate Expires 09/04/07 ($2500)
Engine: Endurance 5.6L DOHC 32-Valve V8 STD
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic w/Tow/Haul Mode STD
Tires: P265/70R18 OWL STD
Wheels: 18 in. x 8J 5-Spoke Alloy STD
Front Captain s Chairs STD
Cloth Seat Trim STD
Radio: AM/FM/In-Dash 6-CD Changer STD
2.937 Axle Ratio STD
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 7,100 lbs STD
Monotone Paint Application STD
Rear Under Seat Storage Bin $114
Floor Mats $97
Bedliner $278
Blizzard $NaN

VEHICLE PRICING

CarsDirect.com Price $ 25,997.00
Customer Rebate Expires 09/04/07 $ 2,500.00
Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee) $ 55.00
Taxable Total: $ 28,552.00
8.50% Sales tax $ 2,426.92
Subtotal with taxes: $ 30,978.92
Registration (title) and license fees† $ 270.00
Additional Official fee: tire tax $ 8.75
Customer Rebate Expires 09/04/07 ($ 2,500.00)
FINAL PRICE $ 28,757.67

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think you should tell him that there is no way you are paying that tire tax. tell him it's a deal breaker.

·
Registered
682 Posts
This is what I got and what I would go to the dealers with. I don't know your situation but you have to figure that we are still in 2007 and wanting to purchase an 08' makes it hard to really get a solid discount not until later in 2008! But, If you need the truck right away I would shoot the dealers in my area online through their websites these numbers and see what they can do.

2008 SE King Cab Titan 4X4 (Stock like you described)
MSRP:$29,100
BEDLINER: $340
Underseat Storage: $150
Floor Mats: $125
And your destination Fees: $$$ (lets say $745)
TOTAL: $30,460 / Minus Rebate ($2500): $27,960 (top line Price) then add Tax % to that and what you should pay!

This is the highest I would pay!!! Dealer is getting the truck for MSRP fully with rebate... Would not pay any BS :futwice: extra like that tire stuff and other crap, that is why you look at edmunds.com or nissans web page to see what the trucks come with stock and what the extra packages are and what they include so you can pick out the dealer added BS. :futwice: Plus, rebates come and go and better ones come around, I just got a call from a dealer around my house saying they had a $5,000 rebate on 08' Titans for Labor Day Weekend, so you just need to be patient and wait for the good deal!

The true price you should shoot for would be:

INVOICE:$26,335
BEDLINER: $278
Underseat Storage: $114
Floor Mats: $97
Destination: $$$ ($745)
TOTAL: $27,589 / Minus Rebate ($2500) $25,089 (Top Line Price + your sales Tax)

If you hit them with numbers like that, plus make them offers like, are you going to trade in a vehicle? Are you going to finance it through them? Do you have a good down payment? If yes to any of these adds more dollars to the dealer and makes them want to meet your price! Like I said before I don't know your situation and if you can wait till later in the year the better the deal you will get possibly bellow invoice or a couple hundred over! The more dealers you let know in you area (if you are lucky) the better they are to meet you request. I think cars sales are going to be hit hard this year with all the market changes and later in the next year you will probably steal that truck from the dealer around you!! :cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MacOtac said:
This is what I got and what I would go to the dealers with. I don't know your situation but you have to figure that we are still in 2007 and wanting to purchase an 08' makes it hard to really get a solid discount not until later in 2008! But, If you need the truck right away I would shoot the dealers in my area online through their websites these numbers and see what they can do.

MSRP:$29,100
BEDLINER: $340
Underseat Storage: $150
Floor Mats: $125
And your destination Fees: $$$ (lets say $745)
TOTAL: $30,460 / Minus Rebate ($2500): $27,960 (top line Price) then add Tax % to that and what you should pay!

This is the highest I would pay!!! Dealer is getting the truck for MSRP fully with rebate... Would not pay any BS :futwice: extra like that tire stuff and other crap, that is why you look at edmunds.com or nissans web page to see what the trucks come with stock and what the extra packages are and what they include so you can pick out the dealer added BS. :futwice: Plus, rebates come and go and better ones come around, I just got a call from a dealer around my house saying they had a $5,000 rebate on 08' Titans for Labor Day Weekend, so you just need to be patient and wait for the good deal!

The true price you should shoot for would be:

INVOICE:$26,335
BEDLINER: $278
Underseat Storage: $114
Floor Mats: $97
Destination: $$$ ($745)
TOTAL: $27,589 / Minus Rebate ($2500) $25,089 (Top Line Price + your sales Tax)

If you hit them with numbers like that, plus make them offers like, are you going to trade in a vehicle? Are you going to finance it through them? Do you have a good down payment? If yes to any of these adds more dollars to the dealer and makes them want to meet your price! Like I said before I don't know your situation and if you can wait till later in the year the better the deal you will get possibly bellow invoice or a couple hundred over! The more dealers you let know in you area (if you are lucky) the better they are to meet you request. I think cars sales are going to be hit hard this year with all the market changes and later in the next year you will probably steal that truck from the dealer around you!! :cheers:

..In calif.so many morons just walk into a dealer with their wallets open and pay full msrp and/or get a 5 year loan. So that's why I went with carsdirect.com .their price is lower then any of the local dealers and they won't even match it. There are no 2007's left. So goes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts