Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone I believe I have a bad IPDM in my 2004 Titan. I have 127K miles on it. I have read a lot about this problem on this forum and others and believe this to be the case. I didn't know about the recall till I started doing a google search. I have not had this performed yet and am thinking of just replacing the entire IPDM as insurance in cause it is just not the relay.

My big question is has anyone with a 2004 model purchased and installed the new version IPDM (284B6-ZC00A)? Does it fit properly? Does the cover from the old one fit? Any issues once you have replaced it? I have heard mixed things about replacing the old one with the new one like the cover didn't fit and it didn't fit at all. So before I spend $125 just thought I would see from some people who have already done this what I will really need in order to pull this swap out off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also where did you order your IPDM from? I have seen some on several sites. Just looking for a reliable one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I would see if nissan will do it for you for free.. I called my local stealership and they still want me to make an "appointment". Mine isnt broken and i truly believe in if it aint broke, dont fix it.. When you call just ask if there are any recalls for your model, they will ask for the VIN and tell you what they find.. dont mention the IPDM..let them tell you.

AcidJake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
baseballfanz Thanks for the info on the updated part number

AcidJake75 They will only replace the IPDM ECM Relay. They will not replace the entire IPDM board.

Has anyone put the newest part number that baseballfanz mentioned into an '04 titan and had no problems?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hmm, they told me it was for the whole IPDM..guess its different depending where your located..

AcidJake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found an actual Nissan website with all the recalls on it earlier today. I should have bookmarked it. It states it is only for the ECM relay not the whole IPDM. If you are getting the whole thing you lucked out some how.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it is probably just the relay but from reading a lot of posts on this forum and others about this issue replacing just the relay doesn't always fix the problem. I have two young kids and a wife so spending a $150 to make sure they are safe and nothing happens when we are traveling down the highway at a high rate of speed is nothing compared to the safety of their lives.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Why would you replace the IPDM entirely? I have never heard of anybody who had the ECM relay replaced under warranty have any issues with their IPDM afterwards. I have also never heard of anybody have any issues with an IPDM other than the ECM relay going bad. If somebody had an issue starting the truck and a new ECM relay didn't fix it, then the problem wasn't the IPDM at all. The dealer will give you a new ECM relay, and then you will never have any issues. Replacing the IPDM module itself is a complete waste of money. Get the free recall done and you will never have an issue with the IPDM. Then you can spend your $150 on something else that will actually help keep them safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my 04 titan. Yesterday I was driving approx. 75 mph down the highway when my truck stalled out, I tried for an hour to start it back up with NO LUCK. I had to have it towed to the only open mechanic at Firestone, which cost around $63, not too bad. When I got it there it started right up and they were able to drive it to the rack, then after about 20 mins it stalled out again. They ran a diagnostic for about 3 hours on it, only found a code for a O2 sensor. They also put a new crank position sensor in, nothing had changed, the truck would crank forever but not start. The mechanics approached me baffled, they had no idea what was wrong with it. The battery was brand new, it had an oil change the week before, the engine had fuel so fuel pump idea was tossed out. They literally have no idea, I have been searching the internet and only found the IPDM problem. I have not tried this but does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much guys::crying::

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can help any ipdm will work dude I have 3 models and all work just fine. I currently have a new black one for a totally different car and it works in my 04 aramafa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look for my giant 3 hour write up in here somewhere I’m new and posted it randomly in someone else’s old thread . I’m not sure where . I really just wanted to make a whole new thread but don’t know how. Maybe you can find my write up of my troubles through my name ??? I don’t know but it’s a doozy . I’ve never posted before and I write a damn book lol good luck and if anyone could tell my how tonpost a new thread let me know
Later

Moleman

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 Nissan Titan Le King Cab
160000 mi.

Ipdm or scrap yard?

I'm having what they call an
"intermittent cranking no start."
Replaced...
ECM relay,
IPDM relay,
Battery,
thermostat.
In your opinion, would you replace the whole ipdm?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts