Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ipdm went out fuel pump not working. i got a new ipdm board put it in truck started again ran great for 5 days then did the same thing again. checked to make sure fuel pump still worked it works fine. why would this happen again so soon? Or what can be the problem dont really wanna take to the dealer and get robbed.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I suppose you have checked the fuses with an ohm meter, and how did you check the Fuel pump?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it to the dealer and they replaced the computer because they could not connect to the computer they said it wasnt getting power.and now there is a can code 1001 and its says check F9 harness and if moisture is present replace the wire harness. the dealer wants $1500 to replace it. So i basically have to spend a $1000 to get my truck back that doesnt start. And i'm gonna take it somewhere that can trouble shoot the problem instead of the dealer just replacing everything hoping that's the problem.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
WOW, did it rain/did you go through a car wash/did or could any water have gotten under your hood within those 5 days from IPDM replacement to truck not starting again? I would be tempted to order a replacement relay (if you order the wrong one and modify it according to bestatchess' modification post) and replace the ECU relay on the new IPDM. Im kinda fighting the same issue. I ruled out rain/water though. I am on my 3rd IPDM. It almost didnt crank yesterday. If it does it again Im going to swap the relay's out and try that. Chances are that our IPDM's are the "OLD" style and have the "BAD" relays in them. Most Service Managers havent got a clue about the IPDM issues so they dont know that the IPDM's (2 in my case) that were sitting in their parts dept that had been there for 5 years were most likely those with "BAD" ECU relays on them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i took it to the dealer and they replaced the computer because they could not connect to the computer they said it wasnt getting power.and now there is a can code 1001 and its says check F9 harness and if moisture is present replace the wire harness. the dealer wants $1500 to replace it. So i basically have to spend a $1000 to get my truck back that doesnt start. And i'm gonna take it somewhere that can trouble shoot the problem instead of the dealer just replacing everything hoping that's the problem.
Go back to that dealer, seek the service manager and make a big fuss. The cause of your problem is the ECM relay in your IPDM. They can't read your ECM because that relay is not turning on the ECM. You have a CAN COMM failure because the ECM is not turning on and communicating with the other modules.

Demand that they remove the new ECM and replace it with your old one because there was nothing wrong with it, obviously. They will make a fuss, but the technician just assumed that that was the problem, replaced it and it did not fix the problem. Typical R&R mechanic.

If i were you, i would show the service manager how a simple relay is the cause and swap it right in front of him and start your vehicle. Demand that he give you a deal on a new IPDM and maybe a case of Matic-S if he wants your continued business. :eyebrow:

·
Banned
368 Posts
i have a used IPDM sitting in my garage... lmk if you need it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wesone, did they tell you what the 1001 code meant? My truck has a V 1001 code, and I'm trying to figure it out. I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 titan with same issue of replacing the IPDM yet it still won't start. By chance is this a general Nissan issue? There is over 200,000 miles on it and I just started having issues. No I don't want to get rid of it unless it is the last resort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go back to that dealer, seek the service manager, and make a big fuss. The cause of your problem is the ECM relay in your IPDM. They can't read your ECM because that relay is not turning on the ECM. You have a CAN COMM failure because the ECM is not turning on and communicating with the other modules.

Demand that they remove the new ECM and replace it with your old one because there was nothing wrong with it, obviously. They will make a fuss, but the technician just assumed that that was the problem, replaced it and it did not fix the problem. Typical R&R mechanic.

If i were you, i would show the service manager how a simple relay is a cause and swap it right in front of him and start your vehicle. Demand that he give you a deal on a new IPDM and maybe a case of Matic-S if he wants your continued business. :eyebrow:

Hate to revive such an old topic, but it is relevant to an issue I am currently having?

On the IPDM panel, which relay is the ECM?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
It should be on the lid for the IPDM. All the relays should be labeled in a diagram. Just be sure you have the diagram and the IPDM facing the same way so you're looking at the correct relays.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would check the ground wire that mounts to the inner engine wall near the IPDM. I was having issues with mine and I happened to clean it up when I used it to ground some lights and my pronlems went away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts