Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They will be replacing the ECM relay only. The is for 04 thru 06 titans/ armada &05 & 06 frontier pathfinder & xterras. If you have already paid to replace the IPDM to the new style the contact consumer affairs with your receipt & they will be reimbursing the customer. So bring them in to get the relay replaced even if you have the new style IPDM.

Reactions: Lucid

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
They will be replacing the ECM relay only. The is for 04 thru 06 titans &05 & 06 frontier pathfinder & xterras. If you have already paid to replace the IPDM to the new style the contact consumer affairs with your receipt & they will be reimbursing the customer. So bring them in to get the relay replaced even if you have the new style IPDM.
Thanks, do the dealers have the relay in stock, or will that take a few weeks?

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealers should have them in stock. they sent us 200 to get started with.

·
Super Moderator
36,961 Posts
Can you get the information off the relay? I would like to know if it is a different model/part number.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Recall Part:

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it includes armadas. sorry I fixed my OP.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh, the one they said could not be replaced, forcing people to buy entire new IPDMs. Sounds like fraud to me.

For the people involved in the recall if you bought an IPDM then nissan is reimbursing the money but only if you have the receipt. You must call consumer affairs. The dealer can not do anything about the reimbursment.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You have any idea on the turn around time for nissan to contact customers or is it better to cantact and schedule directly?

·
Registered
433 Posts
i just went to my local dealership and they didn't know anything about the recall but did state that they had seen the problems with this. unfortunately they only have one guy working today and is tied up so he asked if i could bring back next week.. to my luck i will be working all next week and use my truck for work so i cant just drop it off and catch a ride to the job. i asked how long it would take and he said a couple hours. i called bs on that...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Called my dealer today and I am on the recall list. I have already purchased replacement relays from Titan Blue and Rob Kar (thanks guys for being ahead of Nissan on this and offering to us!). I am going to get the recall done anyway in case anything goes wrong in the future, at least there is some chance to track back.

Thanks for the info.
Shawn

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have any idea on the turn around time for nissan to contact customers or is it better to cantact and schedule directly?

nissan should be sending out letters ASAP but it wont be to everyone at once. They will take it is stages as the parts become available. You can go ahead & call your dealer & have the run the vin to make sure it is under the recall & schedule from there.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just went to my local dealership and they didn't know anything about the recall but did state that they had seen the problems with this. unfortunately they only have one guy working today and is tied up so he asked if i could bring back next week.. to my luck i will be working all next week and use my truck for work so i cant just drop it off and catch a ride to the job. i asked how long it would take and he said a couple hours. i called bs on that...

It just came out today so they probably havent seen it yet. It doesnt take but about 20 min to do but depending on shop load it may take longer to get it in the shop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok thanks.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This is great news and I hope to qualify for the recall. Now if Nissan could just figure out what causes the battery to go dead after leaving the truck sitting? Very frustrating!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It literally takes 2 minutes to swap out the relay. At Infiniti warranty is only paying me .30 or .40 Hrs to swap the relays on on the QX56, not sure why they would take 2 hours unless the techs like loosing money. Well unless they are including a car wash...? :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
So, let me get this straight. I bought a new IPDM off of Ebay and i do have the receipt. I can now take this receipt and submit it to customer affairs or whatever it was, and get reimbursed for the entire IPDM? Plus, I should still take it in for the recall even though it's a new IPDM?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 93 Posts