Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our truck shut down on the highway last night after driving through monsoon like weather. Would not start back up. This has never happened before. Towed to a shop. Shop guy got into the truck and it started no problem. He drove it around the shop, turned it off and walked away. Went back a little while later, decided to do a test drive, 1 1/2 miles down the road the truck shut down.

I have read a bunch of posts regarding what the cause could be. We are on a trip towing a boat and not at home. What is the best and quickest approach to troubleshooting this? We called the closest dealership and they are completely booked. Is it possible to swap relay switches on the IPDM to see if the ECM relay is dead? I also asked the shop guys to check the ground under the battery. No word yet.

Any thoughts are appreciated on the best way to approach this.

·
Registered
285 Posts
sounds like the ecm relay is going bad on your ipdm, swap the ecm relay with the one for the fog lights or rear window defrost on the same board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they swapped the switch and nothing happened. checked some other things and are now telling us its the fuel pump. if we replace it we will walk out with a total bill of $800 including diagnostics. i have no problem replacing this IF that really is the problem. Is there a concrete way of knowing whether the pump is really the issue or not?

·
Premium Member
15,762 Posts
you should be able to hear if it is coming on or not. if its just weak, your limited on options. if you did what was mentioned before and moved the relay from the fogs to the ecm socket and it still wouldnt start, then i would say the ipdm is fine. just make sure if they change the pump and it still doesnt work, you dont have to pay for it. get it is writing.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I'm with Beason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts