Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered mine last Wednesday and it came in yesterday. Finally installed it today. It's very simple; took me less than an hour. Just follow the directions. I have no pics cause it's nothing great to look at. I just drilled a hole in the glove box and hid my Ipod there. For those who have a 'volume' problem playing your Ipod through the AUX, worry no more. The volume NOW is as good or better than CD quality.

The only gripe I have with it so far is that it's a bit confusing to use through your stock radio. I've finally figured it out, however, it's take awhile to scroll through i.e. artist, playlist, etc.

I paid $220 for both the module and the harness(separate).

·
Registered
690 Posts
i want one! where can i go to get one and can anybody point me in the right direction. I have the no RF 6disc system

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'd definitely like to have one of those, but there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of money. Until it comes down to about 100 bucks or less I'll just keep fumbling with the buttons on my I-pod.

Glad you are happy with your purchase. It's nice they started making them for the factory head units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is the cable long enough to route under the center console? I would like to put the iPod in the large (lockable) center console box. Also, some aftermarket iPod integration kits limit you to 6-10 playlists, and then to 20 or so songs in each of those playlists. Does the Nissan part do this as well?

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
socaldad said:
Is the cable long enough to route under the center console? I would like to put the iPod in the large (lockable) center console box. Also, some aftermarket iPod integration kits limit you to 6-10 playlists, and then to 20 or so songs in each of those playlists. Does the Nissan part do this as well?
The cable is just long enough depending on where u want to place the module. It has no limits as far as the playlist is concern.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
budhound said:
I notice it says you have to have a "CDC" button. My Titan is in the Body Shop getting a "Hit and Run" dent removed.:futwice: I have the RF unit. Does it have the "CDC" button.
Do you mean the ABC button? I have the ABC button not a CDC button.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, went to Carolina Nissan and picked up part number 999U7-VS000 and 999U7-VR000. Both are the parts they tell me I need to integrate a 3rd generation or newer ipod so that I can control it with my stereo controls. I have the '05 Titan without satellite but has CD6. Does anyone know if these parts are correct because I went home and pulled the dash off and stereo out only to find the wiring harness 999U7-VS000 does not match anything behind my dash currently. They tell me the wiring harness is different for stereos with satellite vs those without but the interface is the same. The other part number is 999U7-VS001 and hopefully I will head back 1st thing in the morning to find that they simply gave me the wrong one. So many different stories I am getting from so many different Nissan dealerships. Some say I cant even integrate an ipod into the Titan, others say I can. Please chime in if you know anything about these integration kits and harnesses. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
corporalk said:
Does anyone have pictures of the stock RF stereo with 6 disc changer removed? I would like to see pictures of the rear of the stereo. Thanks, Kevin
Yes, I pulled mine out to try this factory integration harness and kit I just bought.

Attachments

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mgoblue102 said:
OK, went to Carolina Nissan and picked up part number 999U7-VS000 and 999U7-VR000. Both are the parts they tell me I need to integrate a 3rd generation or newer ipod so that I can control it with my stereo controls. I have the '05 Titan without satellite but has CD6. Does anyone know if these parts are correct because I went home and pulled the dash off and stereo out only to find the wiring harness 999U7-VS000 does not match anything behind my dash currently. They tell me the wiring harness is different for stereos with satellite vs those without but the interface is the same. The other part number is 999U7-VS001 and hopefully I will head back 1st thing in the morning to find that they simply gave me the wrong one. So many different stories I am getting from so many different Nissan dealerships. Some say I cant even integrate an ipod into the Titan, others say I can. Please chime in if you know anything about these integration kits and harnesses. Thanks.
Don't mess with the deck. Your harness is right under the steering column (driver side). If you don't have sat, then there should only be one floating harness under there. Very simple to install.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.