Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RF system in the truck which tops out at "30". This normally isn't a problem, but when I put my Ipod in the AUX. jack it just never gets loud enough, even when cranked to "30". I understand that the output on the Ipod is limited, and have set mine to the maximum level. Besides switching out head units, adding amps, and revamping the whole audio system (which I really don't have any desire to do as of now) has anyone come across anything to boost the volume of the Ipod?

Am I insane for wanting things louder?

Does the car kit make any difference?

muchos gracias!

·
Premium Member
73,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah after p's post (thanks) i googled inline amps and found this...

do you have to use the fm transmitter/casset or will the aux port work just as well... it seems like it wouldn't matter what is coming from the output to the aux. port...

maybe i'll take a ride to target later :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea, I use the aux port. Works fine but there is alot of wires to deal with. I was thinking of running everything through the dash, console. Just havent taken the time yet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't have this problem on mine. Which model ipod do you have? i have a 30 GB, video, nearly brand new, got it maybe a month ago.

I had this problem at work with one of my students nano's, but he had the volume limit set. It went away soon as we took off the volume limit function. Infact my iPod overloads the input slightly when it's at max, i usually run it just a hair under max.

edit: if you're using a case for the iPod and can't get the wire all the way connected firmly into the jack, sometimes it helps to remove it from the case. Just my last idea.

This maybe a re-occuring problem I don't know about as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think that it might be problem in on 04 models. My wife has that problem on her 04 armada but my 05 Titan plays very loud..

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah the 04 had a very low aux level, that is why i swapped mine for an 06 with mp3 capabilities and the aux is the same level as my oem sirius. i listen to it on 8 or 9 most of the time and 15 or 16 on a good song and it is LOUD!!!!!

·
Premium Member
73,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's a 30gig ipod from agent18.com

it could be a number of things... i would think for the average person it's plenty loud, but i like to BUMP.

i do have a plastic hardcase, however i removed it and still had the same issue.

i've noticed that it seems like some songs were recorded 'lower' then other as the volume between tracks is different. is that even possible?

i pirated my ipod, it was a gift to my girlfriend from her parents, she didn't use it and suggested that i start. i used to carry over 100 cd's with me (good thing i have the CC) and the ipod has certainly changed that. since my home computer is in the state of "needing to be repared but can't go without" i haven't loaded itunes on it and burned any of my stuff. luckily when my buddies got ipods they borrowed stacks of my stuff so all i had to to was venture over to their houses and load up my tunes... not all of them are computer literate so it would seem the issue could be in the burning of the songs..

since ipod and itunes are propiritery i was considering just getting an mp3 player once the ipod dies.

i'm gonna check your post out sammy, seems like a good direction, but i have 4wd, i've been deciding where to mount things, if infact i do mount the player, i kinda like passing it around when i don't feel like playing dj.

supadupaj, do you have the RF headunit in each?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
DeadRiver said:
it's a 30gig ipod from agent18.com

it could be a number of things... i would think for the average person it's plenty loud, but i like to BUMP.

i do have a plastic hardcase, however i removed it and still had the same issue.

i've noticed that it seems like some songs were recorded 'lower' then other as the volume between tracks is different. is that even possible?

i pirated my ipod, it was a gift to my girlfriend from her parents, she didn't use it and suggested that i start. i used to carry over 100 cd's with me (good thing i have the CC) and the ipod has certainly changed that. since my home computer is in the state of "needing to be repared but can't go without" i haven't loaded itunes on it and burned any of my stuff. luckily when my buddies got ipods they borrowed stacks of my stuff so all i had to to was venture over to their houses and load up my tunes... not all of them are computer literate so it would seem the issue could be in the burning of the songs..

since ipod and itunes are propiritery i was considering just getting an mp3 player once the ipod dies.

i'm gonna check your post out sammy, seems like a good direction, but i have 4wd, i've been deciding where to mount things, if infact i do mount the player, i kinda like passing it around when i don't feel like playing dj.

supadupaj, do you have the RF headunit in each?
Mine does for sure but I just drew a blank on the Armada. I know it has the factory nav and dvd so I am sure it has the rf system. Although, there is no sub under the drivers seat..

·
Registered
210 Posts
DeadRiver said:
Yes, not all CDs are the same volume as well, nor are they EQ'd the same. There is a way to fix this in iTunes (or with other software) You can adjust the EQ on each individual song, and along with this is the abilty to boost the overall volume (or cut) +/- 12 DB

There's a term for this, and i can't remember, but it basically some programs can make all your music have the same volume level, so you aren't changing the volume every other song. EQ also does funny things in seeming to have more volume, where in reality you just have more of certain frequencies, which is more volume but... isn't... if that makes sense. lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts