Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having issues with their iPod not updating the database, new songs not showing, "no corresponding playlist", etc.
I have to reboot mine quite frequently and it's the latest gen with the latest software. The service dept just goes 🤷‍♂️.
Tips or tricks much appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve never been able to get my ‘21 to even recognize an iPod. Tried a couple different cables and iPods wit no change. The truck doesn’t see anything connected, and the iPods show the “Unsupported accessory” message.

These worked in my ‘19. There were always issues with the iPod in that truck, but at least it played.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had good luck with Nissan and iPods. I had a '19 Maxima and it did the same as the Titan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you recently updated the OS on the iPod, that's a strong possibility. Hearing lots of complaints across brands (specifically Ram) that after a recent iOS update the trucks don't recognize the iPods anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are no iOS updates for iPods, and haven't been for a long time. In my case, all of the iPods I've tried in the '21 are the same OS as they've been for years, which worked (Not without issues, but worked) in my '19.
I think you may be thinking more of iPhone iOS updates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@rainmn...yes there are updates for the iPods.

@RicerX16...I've been through 3 to 4 updates in the last few months that I've had the truck. Problem is, it never fixes the issue. I think the problem is on Nissan's side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@rainmn...yes there are updates the the iPods.

@RicerX16...I've been through 3 to 4 updates in the last few months that I've had the truck. Problem is, it never fixes the issue. I think the problem is on Nissan's side.
What type of iPod and iOS version are you using then? I've all but given up on using the iPod in the new truck, but it's a very old habit that's hard to break. I've always had an iPod left connected in the glovebox of whatever truck I'm driving for years. It would still be nice to get one of these recognized by my current truck.

The iPod I've most recently tried is a 7th gen iPod Nano, with IOS 1.0.4. The 7th gen Nano is, as far as I know, the last iPod ever sold (In 2017), with the exception of the iPod touch. (I also have several of the really old iPod classics with the hard drive, simply for the amount of songs they can hold)

Everything I can find online says there were only ever 2 different IOS versions for the 7th gen Nano - either 1.04 or 1.1.2, depending on the year it was produced. Both are listed as the final versions. This particular iPod has IOS 1.0.4, and when I connect any of the 6 or so iPods I have to iTunes and check for an update, every one says it's on the latest s/w, and has for years.

For what it's worth - every one of these old iPods has worked as-is in at least a dozen different cars or trucks. The 2019 Titan I had was the first vehicle that ever had issues with playing an iPod, but at least it partially worked. This 2021 is the only one that won't recognize one at all. To be honest, if the owner's manual didn't say that iPods were supported, this would bug me a little bit less.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you recently updated the OS on the iPod, that's a strong possibility. Hearing lots of complaints across brands (specifically Ram) that after a recent iOS update the trucks don't recognize the iPods anymore.
If errors arise after many updates then try to restore previous

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@rainmn...yes sir, it's the latest iPod Touch, 7th gen I think, with the latest software from a couple weeks ago. I have two other previous gens and a 1st gen touch. None of them are reliable in the Titan; they play perfectly fine, but playlist selection works at best 30% of the time. All four work great in my VW GLI.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@rainmn...so nothing works worth a damn...🤦‍♂️
Nope. The iPod issues I had with my 2019 and Nissan's absolute cluelessness actually led to a settlement. It was a pretty minor issue to begin with, but the back and forth blame game between my awful dealer and Nissan pushed me over the edge. It's a very long story that I won't bore you with, but Nissan eventually gave up on trying to resolve the problem. They offered me the choice of an outright buy back, a replacement with a newer Titan, or a monetary settlement. I chose the money.

Turned out that truck also ended up with the knock, and I ultimately traded it in on a '21 while it was at the dealer to have the short block replacement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nope. The iPod issues I had with my 2019 and Nissan's absolute cluelessness actually led to a settlement. It was a pretty minor issue to begin with, but the back and forth blame game between my awful dealer and Nissan pushed me over the edge. It's a very long story that I won't bore you with, but Nissan eventually gave up on trying to resolve the problem. They offered me the choice of an outright buy back, a replacement with a newer Titan, or a monetary settlement. I chose the money.

Turned out that truck also ended up with the knock, and I ultimately traded it in on a '21 while it was at the dealer to have the short block replacement.
I wonder how long it will take for Nissan to realize that their dealer network costs them more money than warranty claims. It's awful. Like 1 in 4 dealerships are actually worth a damn. The rest make the ownership experience painful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone having issues with their iPod not updating the database, new songs not showing, "no corresponding playlist", etc.
I have to reboot mine quite frequently and it's the latest gen with the latest software. The service dept just goes 🤷‍♂️.
Tips or tricks much appreciated.
Um Ipod? Like a real Ipod. Like it plays music and videos and stores like 10,000 songs Ipod? Am I being punked? I'm sure they stopped supporting that when it iphone 7 came out to be honest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Fitjo10...what exactly would lead you to that belief ?
@rainmn clearly stated above, the owner's manual says it's supported...
For the most part, the big difference between an iPod Touch and iPhone is the cellular radio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If Nissan would have actually said that they weren't supported, and stopped putting in the manual that they are, it wouldn't bother me as much. I get that they are outdated and nobody (Except for a couple of us in this thread) uses them anymore.

For me, it's just convenient to have one with a ton of songs and playlists sitting in the glove box all the time. I'm aware of all the other music options, most of which I use. Still doesn't change that I'd like the iPod to work, but I've given up on it at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@Fitjo10...what exactly would lead you to that belief ?
@rainmn clearly stated above, the owner's manual says it's supported...
For the most part, the big difference between an iPod Touch and iPhone is the cellular radio.
Hey @DrDover it was a shot at humor. Calm down with the "what exactly" stuff. Relax. I never knew IPODS were still supported as I haven't seen one in 10 years. #namaste

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Fitjo10...well, there could have been a possibility you might know of something @rainmn and I are unaware of...as they say "we good"...maybe next time don't forget the /s though...it genuinely would have been funnier had I read it that way...✌

1 - 19 of 19 Posts