Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having issues with the volume level on my 04 Titan when I plug in my ipod to the Aux. I bought a TuneFlex to amplify the signal but it still doesnt sound much better. Is the Belkin better? Any advice to help with the volume level would be great!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which model Belkin is it? I saw one at Best Buy that had the FM Transmitter and the Aux. Output.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
What are you guys doing with the extra cable? I got a Belkin cable to plug into my AUX, but the damn cable is 6 feet long. I was thinking if tucking it in somewhere and just leaving the iPod end of the cable accessible. But I really can't find a decent spot to hide it.

Has anyone been creative?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Coil up the excess and put a zip or twist tie around it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
There is a write up about wiring into the back of the Aux input, so that would hide the Aux cable. I was planning on installing a 12volt port behind the dash and that would have allowed me to hide the Belkin adapter inside the dash. You could then just have the iPod cable coming out of the dash. But I sold my truck, so thats that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
guys im kinda dumb on this subject im getting an ipod and i thought i could just plug it right in to my aux in my truck and it would work do i have to have the transmitter or will it work with out it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can plug it in and it will work. I had trouble with the volume level on my 04 Titan. I purchased the Belkin F8V7058-APL that amplifies the signal sent from the ipod which in turn will supply better sound quality.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The problem I have with the iPod and aux input is that if you just use a direct connection from the headphone out of the iPod to your aux input, the volume is controlled by the click/touch wheel of the ipod. And when driving and trying to change songs on the iPod itself, touching the click wheel changes the volume. And if the volume gets too loud coming out of the iPod, the sound gets distorted on the stereo.

When using the Belkin auto kit, the volume is controlled by the kit itself via the little knob on the charger portion. This way you can provide the aux input on the stereo the same sound volume level no matter how many times you accidentally change the volume on the ipod itself.

Here is a picture of what mine looks like wired up.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/13/880565/Nissan Titan Pro4X/FourDoor_Pro4X_09 (Large).JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts