Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me say that I highly recommend the mods that I had installed @ IPT. I also have the extra tranny cooler rated at 19.5k GVW.

The VB mod has the truck making harsher downshifts. I don't know if the IPT VB is better than the Stillen or Level 10 but I do know that IPT added stronger springs because I have a supercharger.

The TQ converter is very noticeble. You can hear and feel it lock up. When I'm going uphill, it feels like a diesel. The tranny does not hunt for lower gears. That's good for me because of the supercharger. It allows me to stay within the powerband. When I floor the truck, the rpm goes to 6500. That's 500 rpm beyond redline. For me that means I have to shift manually to avoid doing that.

John the owner of IPT said that the ecu does not allow me to take full advantage of the TQ converter. I believe if you do the burnout mod that will solve that. In addition, John said the shift points will have to be changed. I don't know where the shift points need to be.

When I launch in 4HI, the truck pins you in your seat. It makes my head hurt everytime. Before I went to IPT, it did not launch like that.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Glad you like it man! Lets see if it last; I am sure it will though..
If I was to get a charger, I would go the same route yuo went through; IPT.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
kuntao said:
Good to hear Q....
Hey kuntao........whats up on the Stillen Valve job??? Read the post when you had installed, but you never went into any details or showed any pics. Is it worth your money? Could it be done at home? I looked over the directions and it seemed pretty easy despite the messiness of the fluids. However i think i just need to know what it really did or added to your performance.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts