Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
interesting that i just happen to see this tread when im in the need of a set, since my PULSTAR plugs aparrently took a dump on me. check in the problem section for my post..

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
interesting that i just happen to see this tread when im in the need of a set, since my PULSTAR plugs aparrently took a dump on me. check in the problem section for my post..
send em back to us for a full refund!!! :redblob"

Out of curiosity, when did you buy them? Pulstar did have a bad batch of manufacturing awhile back but seems to have cleared that all out.

But honestly, we're happy to warranty them and then help you out from there - whether you'd like to try another set or switch to NGKs. Just PM me and we'll get the exchange arranged.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

Out of curiosity, when did you buy them? Pulstar did have a bad batch of manufacturing awhile back but seems to have cleared that all out.

But honestly, we're happy to warranty them and then help you out from there - whether you'd like to try another set or switch to NGKs. Just PM me and we'll get the exchange arranged.
pm sent , included a link to the tread i made so you have an idea of what happened. :crying:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

Just out of curiosity .. Was I sent a set from the bad batch? I don't have any problems with mine but just wondering.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
the true manufacturing issues happened about 2-3 years ago. Then they had a packaging issue. We cleared out all of that inventory and everything we've gotten from them since about last summer seems to be great. The manufacturing defects we were seeing just resulted in crappy plugs - we really didn't see anything like engine damage.

Personally, I still had a little skeptism left in me until the end of last summer. I had heard so many crazy gas mileage reports that I decided to test them out on my personal vehicles. I bought them last fall but didn't install them until a couple days ago - I honestly can not believe the difference. I installed them in my Sequoia, which was not by any means due for a tune-up. I had just installed NGK long life iridiums less than 20k miles ago. The truck was running as it always had - its been extremely well maintained, but was a little sluggish shifting between 3rd and 4th, and had a bit of a delay in throttle response after coasting. All of that sluggishness and delay is completely gone. There is no longer any delay whatsoever. We have quite a few steep hills in the area and the truck now takes them on from a dead stop better than it did before with momentum. I'll be interested to see if there's any change in gas mileage. I was getting around 14.5 street and 16 mixed before, but I've heard it takes a couple of tanks to see a real difference. That and I'm sure I'm killing all possibility of increased gas mileage with my new found enthusiasm for power :)

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Should be fine, but as always, just contact us if you ever have a problem with any parts - we stand behind everything we sell 100%!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sorry for the late post. Sparkplugs.com, if i read your post correctly, you had NGK's in your sequoia and switched to the Pulstars to make sure the defects were gone and you felt a much improved gain? I always read on here that NGK are what we should use period and it's not worth "testing the waters" of other brands per se. I'm at 93K miles and it's pretty much time for me to swap mine out. i was going to invest in the DilFR5C's but I'm curious if 20K miles later they would need changing according to your post......Maybe not changing but there are better plugs out there in general.

Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sorry for the late post. Sparkplugs.com, if i read your post correctly, you had NGK's in your sequoia and switched to the Pulstars to make sure the defects were gone and you felt a much improved gain? I always read on here that NGK are what we should use period and it's not worth "testing the waters" of other brands per se. I'm at 93K miles and it's pretty much time for me to swap mine out. i was going to invest in the DilFR5C's but I'm curious if 20K miles later they would need changing according to your post......Maybe not changing but there are better plugs out there in general.

Thanks
NGK is one of the best quality plugs out there. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the NGKs and they worked great. I installed the Pulstar plugs to test them out and was surprised at the power gains.

In short, the stock plug is always a safe bet, and sometimes it is the best plug for the engine. But there's always the possibility of something better, faster or stronger! That's why we swap our stock air filter for a K&N, or swap the entire tube out for an AFE intake kit. Its why we convert our halogen bulbs to LEDs. :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts