Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Titan has a 2” leveling spacer and the rest of the suspension is pretty much OEM. So, the UCA is obviously contacting the coil bucket. My question is, I recently bought some Freedom Off-road UCA’s for 2-4” lifts. Will that be compatible with my setup, since all I have is a “2 leveling puck and NOT larger strut/coils? I’m really only looking for coil bucket clearance and not intending on lifting her any higher.....Any info or suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Welcome to the TitanTalk family. You have a 2" lift in front right now (because despite all the 'level' terminology, it's a 2" lift in front). You're considering an arm which works with 2-4". Seems self-explanatory. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, I appreciate the reply. Currently spending quite a bit on some other maintenance as well, so I wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
One thing I would tell you is, if you haven't already installed the freedom arms, you may want to return them if you can. The reviews are not great on longevity or quality in terms of alignment capability for those.

I'd recommend Dirt King or PRG, but the PRG are nearly impossible to find. There was a used set of PRGs in the classifieds the other day, but they appear to be gone now. They do pop up now and then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put the RC 2” leveling kit in my 05 yesterday. Just like you the arm was resting on the bucket. Passenger side only. Thought for sure I was pulling spacers back out. I also put in new KYB replacement struts. I took her around a long block and pulled hard to the left and right along with some hard braking. Got home and there is plenty of room now. Before and after the hot lap shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With my luck and how bad both my ball joints are i’d probably end up in a ditch and having to send an SoS to AAA... My new Freedom UCA’s are already here, I’m just merely waiting on the hardware... My inner Steve McQueen is just gonna have to wait....🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I would tell you is, if you haven't already installed the freedom arms, you may want to return them if you can. The reviews are not great on longevity or quality in terms of alignment capability for those.

I'd recommend Dirt King or PRG, but the PRG are nearly impossible to find. There was a used set of PRGs in the classifieds the other day, but they appear to be gone now. They do pop up now and then.
I wanted those Dirt King’s, but they were just a tad out my range. I’m gettin a lil impatient so I’m just gonna have to ride with these Freedoms since they’re already sitting here.. Thanks for heads up

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Yes they'll work.

Coil bucket interference gets made into a bigger deal than it is. I've been driving mine with some contact, for 130k miles. It really only happens at full droop which is literally 1% of the time for most people. Just my 2 cents. I've never had the extra $600 laying around to just blow on something so minimal.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Your roads are smoother than mine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts