Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a stock one besides the spacer? The dealer told me they would change my struts knowing I had a lift only to call me later in the day saying they dont have the proper tools to do it??? I dont get it. Said something about the sway bar and all my supension comp-:bangit:blah blah blah. Found a 4x4 shop not to far away that deals with lifts...calling them in the am.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It's all the same, basic hand tools. Sockets/ratchets/wrenches.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Should be basic tools except the spring compressor. I'm replacing the stock front shocks with Bilstein HD's on the front as soon as they come in a couple of days. I'm going to try not to have to remove the upper control arm or sway bar end links and see how it goes. Also putting on Bilstein 5125's from PRG hopefully this weekend.

Btw, OReilly or Checkers Autoparts will loan out spring compressors for free. Just need $40 deposit for 7 day use. Autozone actually charges but you can use them for 30 days.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Should be basic tools except the spring compressor. I'm replacing the stock front shocks with Bilstein HD's on the front as soon as they come in a couple of days. I'm going to try not to have to remove the upper control arm or sway bar end links and see how it goes. Also putting on Bilstein 5125's from PRG hopefully this weekend.

Btw, OReilly or Checkers Autoparts will loan out spring compressors for free. Just need $40 deposit for 7 day use. Autozone actually charges but you can use them for 30 days.
all you need to remove is the swaybar end link from the lower control arm and the shock assy drops right out. Also, make sure you install the shock/spring assy in correctly to the manual or you'll a clunking sound while going over bumps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys..I found a place that knew what he was talking about-he said no problem-$200 with an alingment. The first 4x4 shop I called argued with me saying I had to have a lift strut installed and there was no way I had stock. He was a complete AZZ!!! Then he tells me $480 to do it..lmao and the sad part is his shop is one of the biggest in the Metro(all I ever see there are Chevy and Ford) The place I am taking it to in the AM has a pic of a Titan they did right on their website! All you guys that live in Cali,Tex,Ariz should feel lucky to have so many shops that know what they are doing. Thanks to all the cool memebers on here I keep learning more and more!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
$200 is a fair price for the work they will be performing, especially if you are getting an alignment too, which is usually between $60-80 on a 4wd.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Thanks guys..I found a place that knew what he was talking about-he said no problem-$200 with an alingment. The first 4x4 shop I called argued with me saying I had to have a lift strut installed and there was no way I had stock. He was a complete AZZ!!! Then he tells me $480 to do it..lmao and the sad part is his shop is one of the biggest in the Metro(all I ever see there are Chevy and Ford) The place I am taking it to in the AM has a pic of a Titan they did right on their website! All you guys that live in Cali,Tex,Ariz should feel lucky to have so many shops that know what they are doing. Thanks to all the cool memebers on here I keep learning more and more!!
Their are lots of shops in California, Texas, and Arizona that don't know what they are doing too. Just a lot more that say they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am happy with that price. The dealer(who backed out of doing it) was going to charge $160/struts then $120 for Alignment. Big bonus is this shop is in St.Cloud so I dont have to drive to the cities!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their are lots of shops in California, Texas, and Arizona that don't know what they are doing too. Just a lot more that say they know what they are doing.
Ha...I am sure that is true....But I called a bunch of places and as soon as I said it was lifted-they wanted nothing to do with it! I have yet to see another lifted T on the road.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New HD's are installed and ya its a nice difference-no more clunking and the ride is alot smoother. He gave me the old ones and I could easily depress them and they made a gurgling noise. I have 25k on the truck. Next-the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts