Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my truck back today..list of problems in this thread: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/56461-warrantied-axle-will-cost-me-328-95-a.html

So, my new axle has a plug (breather wasn't carried over as the TSB I found says to do). Service writer thinks it's supposed to be that way with the "newest" axles but has to talk to the tech tomorrow. B.S.?

Steering wheel radio controls are going to be replaced under warranty due to the silver paint coming off. Service writer says entire steering wheel has to come off and be taken apart, including the airbag and will take approx 5 hours. B.S.?

Anybody with input on the above 2 items, I appreciate it.

Also have no E-Brake now...pedal just slams to the floor, obviously they didn't hook something back up, so get to go back for that!

·
Super Moderator
34,530 Posts
ptvolly said:
Finally got my truck back today..list of problems in this thread: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/56461-warrantied-axle-will-cost-me-328-95-a.html

So, my new axle has a plug (breather wasn't carried over as the TSB I found says to do). Service writer thinks it's supposed to be that way with the "newest" axles but has to talk to the tech tomorrow. B.S.?

Steering wheel radio controls are going to be replaced under warranty due to the silver paint coming off. Service writer says entire steering wheel has to come off and be taken apart, including the airbag and will take approx 5 hours. B.S.?

Also have no E-Brake now...pedal just slams to the floor, obviously they didn't hook something back up, so get to go back for that!
1st is definetly BS. Without a breather you will blow your axle seals.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ptvolly said:

Ok..
1. Yes, they should have put on the breather on - Tech is not very smart about that.. the just missed it..
Dont drive too long with out the Breather...
2. Audio controls on the steering wheel should only take @ .5 to 1.o hrs depending on how smart the tech really is.
I thinks it pays .6
Maybe (excuse) they are busy & it would take that long for the tech to get back on the car but since you have to come back you should talk to more than just the Service Advisor maybe the Service Manager...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
tazstitan said:
Ok..
1. Yes, they should have put on the breather on - Tech is not very smart about that.. the just missed it..
Dont drive too long with out the Breather...
2. Audio controls on the steering wheel should only take @ .5 to 1.o hrs depending on how smart the tech really is.
I thinks it pays .6
Maybe (excuse) they are busy & it would take that long for the tech to get back on the car but since you have to come back you should talk to more than just the Service Advisor maybe the Service Manager...

1) yes, insist that it get's done!
2) I don't know alotted time for the job, but the steering wheel does need to be taken apart, the control is mounted too securely IMO, but the way it is, it isn't easily stolen...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply's folks!
I was already pretty sure the breather needed to be carried over thanks to this site and the TSB from Nissan they apparently don't know about at my dealership.

The audio/cruise control thing had me thrown though, because I didn't think it would require so much to replace, but honestly have no idea.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The steering wheel does not need to come apart to replace those..my tech did mine while I was in the truck..snapped off..and snapped back on BUT...he is a friend of mine...Nissan states to remove steering wheel and do all that stuff...so no thats not B.S....I mean it is stupid..but thats the way they want it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the info...

WiscDave- is the vent mod basically what Bestatchess mentioned with the tubing and everything?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts