Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be looking into buying a truck, the Titan is a very nice truck. Problem being, I'm a little patriotic. I know - it's built in the USA, but that doesn't mean much when all the engineering and profits go back to Japan. I would love to have one of these if I could justify it anyway. Any of you guys have this run through your head before you bought??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Also be happy for having one of the finest production vehicles available.

What is it - 1st in it's class in cab area? 2nd in HP and torque? Among the best in crash ratings?

If the US manufacturers cared enough to compete better I might be swayed to stay with them. Until then, I'll be loving my Titan.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
AT least it's not a bean burner like the chevy and dodges. Partially built south of the border.

The titan is more of a Red beans and rice truck. LOL

You guys from the south will know what I mean.

It's a great truck I love mine!

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
The Titan was designed in California. I too wanted to buy an American brand name but the Chevrolet was more money for less equiptment.

Clint

·
Registered
682 Posts
skrewdriver said:
I may be looking into buying a truck, the Titan is a very nice truck. Problem being, I'm a little patriotic. I know - it's built in the USA, but that doesn't mean much when all the engineering and profits go back to Japan. I would love to have one of these if I could justify it anyway. Any of you guys have this run through your head before you bought??
if you want to see a nice view of a titan tailgate then buy a ford chevy or dodge. how many domestic vehicles do you see w/ 200,000+ miles

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Titan and Tundra are more American than Ford, Dodge, GMC, and Chevy put together.

Travis

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
if you want to see a nice view of a titan tailgate then buy a ford chevy or dodge. how many domestic vehicles do you see w/ 200,000+ miles
How many Titans are there with 200K? Titans are just as American as everything else on the road.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I agree with all of the above, And you say all the profits go across seas, not really, if you count what the AMERICAN people make at the plants, dealers and service departments. That money stays here in the USA. The big 3 spend alot across the border. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the titans a very nice truck, granted it sucks gas, there is a thread roaming around here somewhere, where an american truck guru is super impressed with the titan, if i find it i'll post it for you.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Look at it this way. It is made in America, paying Americans wages, who then spend their wages here domestically and supporting other local businesses. Nissan is sourcing many parts domestically rather than off shore, meaning a boost to other local economies as well.

·
Registered
682 Posts
jbglenn said:
How many Titans are there with 200K? Titans are just as American as everything else on the road.
American built w/ foreign engeneering

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I'm almost extreme about wanting to buy American when ever I can. Ihad the same concerns (strong political concerns). But the profits of many factories (irregardless of what or where) go to support the growth of that factory or product line, unless there is a crisis within the corporation.

Nissan invested Billions in the past few years (from selling us billions of dollars of cars/trucks) and created the best product for my needs. It is mostly produced from raw materials here in the USA, and Assembled, sold, serviced here. They are trying to add to its production by updating the product line. All of this benefits America. Liittle value has returned to Japan on this particular venture. They claim they DO make a profit (bet it is slim, due to less than 100K per year production), and I'm glad to see that.

We sell American brands overseas, (Chevy, Whirlpool, GE) and are having success with it in many industries, after learning the markets. I must support fair (not free) trade as a two way business model. I do not want to be blocked out of other countries, and therefore, must be willing to buy a Japanese "Branded" truck.

Like said before, it is more American built than the (some) Made in Canada GM Pickups, or Mexico Dodges etc...I have gotten comfortable politically with my decision, and it was a big one for such a conservative as myself.

So, what color are you getting?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you look at the VIN, you can kind of tell where it's built. The first digit shows location. 1=USA, 2=Canada, 3=Mexico. K=Korea, and J=Japan. I think 4 and 5 is in the US, but a foreign owned company. I'm not sure about the numbers 4 and 5, but I'm sure about the other digits. The second digit is the manufacturer, N=Nissan, F=Ford, T=Toyota, Etc. GMC, Dodge, Chrysler, all the second digits are the manufacturer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
if you have to ask someone to talk you into buying a titan something is wrong here. it is what it is, its a very good truck and to most of us its the best thing out there and its numbers and performance proves it. i'm pro usa in everyway and i served my country in iraq but i'm not going to pass up a better truck just to buy usa when the titan is built right here. and if you ever get a chance to drive one then you will know what we know about it. dont be afraid to try something different.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
skrewdriver said:
Your current ride is listed as a 98 Huffy BMX. Is that the kind you pedal?

Do you have a license yet? Titans have very nice motors in them, you can even fit the Huffy in the Bed to take with you! They cost a lot more though, still hope you get one though. You'll love it! :)

Were Huffy's still Made in the USA back then? I think they were!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Good luck in your decision but go a head and buy a Ford or Chevy. Once your buddies start picking on you you fill guilty and you will be down at the Ford place trading off and loosing your *** on the trade. Then you will be upside down because Ford and Chevy both are way over priced when equipped like a simple Titan SE ready to tow.

But like it was said before the Titan puts a lot of food on Americans Tables.

I buy when I can the most for my dollar, Titan fits that bill nicely.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why does it matter where a company is headquartered? We are talking about a publicly traded company not some foreign state run coporation so the profits (after Uncle Sam takes his cut because he does take a cut no matter who is doing the business) go to whoever chooses to buy the stock. If you want to bring a little Nissan profit back to the US buy some stock, simple as that. And don't think that american companies profits stay in the US, they rely on foreign investors quite a lot. What really matters is where the company chooses to spend its money. In the case of Nissan with the Titan a good portion of that is right here in the USA from design to manufacturing. So if you buy a Titan you ARE supporting American workers. Is this absolute, will all your money be put back into the US? Hell No, but every major company has workers all over the globe. Do you really think that GM's IT work (which is outsourced to EDS, HP, Capgemini, IBM, Compuware Covisint and Wipro) isn't being done in India when possible? There are no more strictly "American" companies everyone is global at some level.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Of course it is ok. Please consider the following.

dodge is built in Mexico and it is owned be GERMANS. So that automatically just eliminted them from your thoughts of buying an American nameplate right? Since they are clearly not American right?

Well what happens when ford is bought by HONDA ? Will you then not buy a ford?

Ford is actually more succsesfull in Europe than here. Everyone who works in Detroit should be glad Ford sells in Europe because the Euro's are saving thier bacon. If Ford wanted to win here they would just import the Euro models as they are far superior to the American crap boxes they build (I'm talking cars now).

the profits DO NOT STAY HERE from american manufacturing. Profits are re invested or distributed to the shareholders. There is tremendous foreign investment inthe USA. What would happen if they felt like you and thier money went away??? it wouldn't be pretty.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts