Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I listen to my radio, doors open, without the warning tone?

I like to open the doors for better fidelity while detailing my truck and in one of my old vehicles I could turn my ignition key to play the radio, then pull the key out a little to stop the tone from warning me that I'd left the keys in.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I'd recommend a solar powered radio, and leaving the key out of the ignition....

There's no way to do this without disconnecting the sensor in the ignition switch, that I'm aware of.... That may be more than you bargained for....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
On my truck i just turn the key to "run" (or "on" , i cant remember whats its called of the top of my head, the position before the start position) and it doesnt have the tone with the doors open. Thats how i listen to the radio when i clean the inside of the truck. I dont think it has changed throughout the years so this should work for you. Just make sure your air is off so that the fan isnt working which drains your battery faster and also remember that your interior lights will stay on.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
spoonman said:
On my truck i just turn the key to "run" (or "on" , i cant remember whats its called of the top of my head, the position before the start position) and it doesnt have the tone with the doors open. Thats how i listen to the radio when i clean the inside of the truck. I dont think it has changed throughout the years so this should work for you. Just make sure your air is off so that the fan isnt working which drains your battery faster and also remember that your interior lights will stay on.
Mine beeps at me with the key in any of the positions and the door open. My interior lights will turn off after about 10 minutes with the door open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts