Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello have a 05 2WD and my shocks and struts were going out.. so just got the Bilstein 5100s installed all around with 08 moog coils and at middle perch at a local shop along with alignment. After install my front is sitting at 40". It seems too high. Anyone know if this is normal? I mean I like the look but it seems kind of high to me. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
First off Damn your truck looks super clean. I’m no mechanic but looks like you might get some bucket knock or what ever it’s called if the tire drops to much. Do you have a picture of the whole truck from the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I wish I would have put mine on second notch and bought new coils when I did mine. My ride is rough when I hit bumps or pot holes it feels like the struts are so stiff they drive into the bump rather than absorb it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, no I haven't had any cbc yet. But it's the first day. I'll update supposedly the coils will drop after a couple days or so. So we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you did 4x4 springs they are going to be stiffer, which could increase the height a little, especially the first few days.

Did you happen to measure the height beforehand?

Keep in mind I did KYB struts, coils and RC spacer. I also did UCA and LCA's. Mine sits 1.5" lower today than it did on day 1. Still 3" higher than it was before and it's only supposed to be a 2" lift. Before anyone says anything my UCA, LCA and lower strut bolts were tightened on the ground not in the air.

I'm surprised your shop did the alignment right away most want you to go drive it a little so everything settles. Not much but I took mine up and down a dirt mountain road. I'd keep an eye on your height if it does settle get it aligned again.

·
Registered
14,127 Posts
Looks about right right. they changed coils in 08, so they sat a bit higher, plus its a 4x4 coil, plus you had a 05 coil and 2wd. All of those meaning you end up with more lift than what just the bilsteins get you.

if you don't have coil bucket contact and it aligns fine, run it 🤷 IMO it looks great.

pro tip: Get longer sway bar end links to eliminate the sway bar from flipping over and rubbing the inside of your wheels OR remove it fully and enjoy life even more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great advice, yeah I'll get it re-aligned and I'll get the upgraded end links. The T was sitting at 35.75 and that's what threw me off. I did have New strut mounts and KYB bushings also. I didn't think getting that much lift was possible from just a coil that was 1" bigger than stock. But then again it was tightened down in the air. I'll run it up a in stretch of dirt at Kingman Wash by the Colorado River to help it settle. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks, no I haven't had any cbc yet. But it's the first day. I'll update supposedly the coils will drop after a couple days or so. So we'll see.
Yep damn clean and nice for an 05

·
Registered
181 Posts
I believe those are 4wd springs, way too stiff. I did the same and went back to 2wd springs the ride will shatter your teeth. Change out the moogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like them, I just went to lowest setting and still has me sitting at 39 1/8" up front. With no spacer. Ride is super smooth honestly not stiff at all. No body roll on corners and I can handle bumps at any speed. Every truck will respond differently it seems. :cautious:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts