Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
93,714 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
ok Kids,

It's not a Green thing. I could care less about Global Warming. I just don't like lining the pockets of our enemies. We need to lose the caveman mentality and come up with an energy source that WE can export.
Like maybe all the hot air coming from this thread?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
How 'bout we talk about the best item to go on my Titan since I got it a week ago......Truxedo Lo Pro! By far the best tonneau I've ever seen! I'm in love and her name is Truxedo.:luveyes: :luveyes: :luveyes:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Now that buildwonder has us on a good topic, I am really partial to my extang cover. I have always loved the look of a soft cover and my extang has the best supports and construction I have seen to date. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I realize this subject wasn't brought up because of the environmental impact, but I find it amusing nonetheless...

Hybrid cars contribute more to the pollution of the earth than gasoline vehicles. People see the MPG they get and "electric power" and then stop there. The manufacturing process to create the batteries is nowhere near offset by the reduced emissions the hybrid vehicles produce. That's right, by buying and driving a hybrid you are doing more harm than driving a 100% gasoline-powered vehicle. Pretty awesome, huh?

If you want to stick it to OPEC, keep a truck, and help the environment then the choice that beats them all at this point is...

...biodiesel. Fueled by renewable resources, not reliant on foreign oil, with the lowest emissions of any fuel or power source today (Not counting fuel-cell/hydrogen, which is still a ways off from being mass-produced).

How can that be? By using a renewable, bio source of fuel the CO2 emissions produced by burning them don't count towards the total vehicle emissions. The CO2 produced was removed from the atmosphere by growing the plants to fuel the vehicle, therefore it is part of the bio lifecycle. CO2 in, CO2 out, zero net CO2 emissions.

Cool, huh?

Electric and hybrid cars are evil. Eeeeevil.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think we should buy bigger trucks and light our street lamps with raw Middle Eastern Crude. Just accelerate the process of draining the desert sands of anything of value left. Once we've burned through all their oil, what will they have left? Large shopping malls?

Once upon a time, bat guano used to be worth a fortune. Small island nations in the South Pacific became rich beyond their wildest dreams. Then, after all the bat guano was used up, the island natives were left with nothing but a flat island and a small pile of money that was rapidly consumed to keep surviving. Same thing will happen to the Middle East once all their natural resources are gone. Flow of non-renewable resources one way is not a good long term strategy for economic security.

Incidentally, I highly doubt we will ever "run out" of oil. We've been "running out" for a long time now. Instead, as oil prices increase, we will find ways of making better use of less oil, and the more expensive methods of extracting it from tar sands and what-not will become more attractive. We're simply coming to the end of easy and cheap oil, which is good. The free market economy being the largest driver of innovation, once oil just becomes too expensive, you'll see a lot more real focus on the alternatives.

·
Super Moderator
36,629 Posts
>>Mr.T<< said:
By driving big gas guzzlers we are supporting OPEC and the World's Major Oil Producers, which are Arab Nations.

I'm thinking of getting rid of one of my trucks and getting a hybrid just to do my part in reducing our dependence on foreign oil. I hate the idea of lining some Saudi's pocket with my hard earned $$$.

The top 5 importing countries in 07

Canada (16.34%), Mexico (15.42%), Saudi Arabia (14.30%), Venezuela (12.24%), and Nigeria (10.54%), for a total of 68.84% of all American imports. In contrast, imports from countries 6 through 10 (Iraq, Angola, Ecuador, Algeria and the United Kingdom) make up 16.84%
Do you even own a Titan, just got to ask?

If you do and feel this way, I request that you get rid of your Titan and go haunt some other site and save us from your inane postings.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Here, Here!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I'm keeping my V8.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.