Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Tundra Limited Crew Cab

My 2004 Titan LE Crew Cab

I'm thinking no... trac system isn't on bed in Tundra, no bed liner, No XM radio, no tow mirrors... I'm sure there's more. My Titan only has about 25k on it, and I'm guessing I'd probably get 25 selling it 3rd party and maybe 20-22 as a trade...

Tundra is 46k... Ouch. But it sure is sharp. Had a tundra before the Titan and loved it.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Sweet truck if you have the coin but for that kind of money I would take a look at diesel power.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
20K is about $400.00/month more in payments. If you make that kind of cash and want to do it, go for it. For me, over the five years I would rather take that extra $400/month ($4800/year) and throw it into my retirement investments.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Again I was going to buy a loaded 4x4 with the "tow" mirrors and it was $47000. I said not a chance. So I went into a loaded diesel, Everything Chevy has to offer is on it for $46000 OTD. Of course I got my father-n-laws employee discount but between a diesel and that tundra? no question as to what I was buying. Way more truck in the chebbie for the $.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Payments.. I don't make no stinkin payments.. ;)

Seriously, I have the dough, but I am getting older and wiser and trying to convice myself to just bury my money in the back yard instead of buying a new truck every year.

The GMC dealer has a really sharp lifted sierra with the 5.3 (I think) as well.. but I know that would be a bad move vs. the Titan.. I could just lift the titan and get new rims/tires and spend a lot less... lol.

Been waiting on selling our house to buy a new one (the contingent offer cycle sucks.. especially when you're at the top of the line)... so $$ burning a hole in my pocket..

Maybe I just need to spend a day detailing the titan... if difference was only about 12-15k I'd probably jump on it. But chrome rims (they are Boss 20" on that one, with Kumho tires) in MN don't fair well.. pitting bad during the winter.

But here's a thought I had.. if they're selling you the truck, and charging an extra $1000 for aftermarket wheels/tires, wouldn't they have to give you the stockers too? :) I mean, that's part of the price of the truck.. always wondered about that.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
bvstone said:
Payments.. I don't make no stinkin payments.. ;)

Seriously, I have the dough, but I am getting older and wiser and trying to convice myself to just bury my money in the back yard instead of buying a new truck every year.

The GMC dealer has a really sharp lifted sierra with the 5.3 (I think) as well.. but I know that would be a bad move vs. the Titan.. I could just lift the titan and get new rims/tires and spend a lot less... lol.

Been waiting on selling our house to buy a new one (the contingent offer cycle sucks.. especially when you're at the top of the line)... so $$ burning a hole in my pocket..

Maybe I just need to spend a day detailing the titan... if difference was only about 12-15k I'd probably jump on it. But chrome rims (they are Boss 20" on that one, with Kumho tires) in MN don't fair well.. pitting bad during the winter.

But here's a thought I had.. if they're selling you the truck, and charging an extra $1000 for aftermarket wheels/tires, wouldn't they have to give you the stockers too? :) I mean, that's part of the price of the truck.. always wondered about that.

I thought the same thing with the diesel. The base package comes with the 6.0 vortek. Shouldnt I get the engine in a crate or something. I paid for the stupid thing. WHy dont I get it? As well as the upgraded brakes, frame, suspension, and so on for the diesel. I paid for all that in the base model too. I should get all that stuff to sell on ebay!! LOL

·
Super Moderator
93,664 Posts
Stick witht the Titan, unless there is something you really need that the Tundra has and your Titan doesn't. 20K is a lot of cash to just have something new.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Why not wait for the 2009 Titan, im sure it will be a whole different ball game, more power (hp, trq), perhaps a 6 speed automatic, more features if it doesnt have enough already, besides the Tundras are breaking cams and their trannys are going out (thats what i heard) their frame is junk, it wobbles like there is no tomorrow on a video that is on the net somewhere, if i find it i will post it. Just wait my friend, and no its not worth the extra 20k, ouch .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts