Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed 6.5" Infinity Reference 6012i's in my wifes car and now it's too bright - Would it be worth my time to swap these with my Stock Titan speakers?? She has a 300M with the Factory Infinity system and it rocks but I'm thinking the Titan speaker will bring back some mid in her car and the 6012i's will brighten up the Titan. Not ready to buy new speakers :jester:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW - no one at TT with an opinion? truly amazing

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
So wait a minute.... this is a 300M with the stock Infinity system. You said its rocks yet you still swapped out the factory speakers with the 6012i's, is that correct? Now with the 6012's she thinks its too bright. Why would you put the lousy Titan speakers in it if the factory Infinity system sounded good to begin with? The Titan speakers make better paper weights than they do speakers.

That is the biggest problem with Infinity speakers is the tweeters are hash and they just dont sound good unless they are installed with that in mind. If you can get at the wiring to the tweeters you could install an L-Pad and adjust the level and turn them down a bit. The problem is that this will turn the level down but the tweeters will always be harsh.

You can see an example of one here.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-264

If you turn the treble setting down on the radio does that seem to help it?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
t22 - not quite

I blew the factory door and rear deck speakers - so I got some JBL 3 way 6x9's for the rear deck and the 6.5 6012i's for the front doors - Well this crazy system has 13 different speakers seperately amp'd. The factory front doors were a mid driver and the tweets are in a little triangle pod next to the glass (on the door) so the tweets in the 6012's are not even being driven (capped off by the amp) - -
long story short is I added extra high's with the rear deck speakers and lost the mid-bass from the front doors (and the rear deck as the jbls don't have much low end either). Also I added a single 12" sub (from Tech) to the Titan that's why I was thinking of doing the swap.
does that make sense??

EDIT: our speakers are 2 ohm correct??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts