Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes under hard acceleration when the truck down shifts there's a noticeable thump, down shifts a little hard... I have 58K on the odometer.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Sometimes under hard acceleration when the truck down shifts there's a noticeable thump, down shifts a little hard... I have 58K on the odometer.
Ever change the tranny fluid?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Nope not yet but maybe it's time?
I would start there and see if that makes a difference. Do you/have you used your truck to haul or pull moderate to heavy loads?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start there and see if that makes a difference. Do you/have you used your truck to haul or pull moderate to heavy loads?
I towed my wife's car (about 4k pounds) cross country once and I've hauled my motorcycle around a few times on a trailer but that that's about it. I'll get the tranny fluid flushed and see if that helps. Do we have transmission problems with our trucks?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I towed my wife's car (about 4k pounds) Do we have transmission problems with our trucks?
Not that I'm aware of. As long as you service the fluids as suggested, you should be good to go. What part of CA. do you hail from?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Could it be axle wrap... how long have you noticed it, has it changed / getting worse?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could it be axle wrap... how long have you noticed it, has it changed / getting worse?
Not that I'm aware of. As long as you service the fluids as suggested, you should be good to go. What part of CA. do you hail from?
I'm not familiar with axle wrap, but it has been doing this for a few months now. In only does it under hard acceleration when the truck down shifts. I found the thread discussing changing the transmission fluid so I'll drain and refill this weekend.

I live near Fresno.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Check your rear transmission mount. Tearing the rubber on the transmission mount is very common, especially if you have a lift. I have already changed mine 3 times in 10 years. It is an easy job to replace the transmission mount, and the part is only $100 or so. But you should change your transmission fluid anyway given your mileage and model year.

·
Premium Member
20,943 Posts
I'm not familiar with axle wrap, but it has been doing this for a few months now. In only does it under hard acceleration when the truck down shifts. I found the thread discussing changing the transmission fluid so I'll drain and refill this weekend.

I live near Fresno.
As long as you're under there, do the transfer case also.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts