Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people talking about storing the utilitrack cleats so they dont get stolen. I see the set is supposed to come with stops, and some people have mentioned keeping the tailgate locked to keep them from getting stolen. This leads me to believe that the only way to get them off is to slide them off the end of the track

BUT... when i turn my cleats 90deg i can pull them off the tracks no problem. Are mine a fluke, or do others do this as well? :ftard:

·
Super Moderator
161,474 Posts
I guess I'll have to go see, Beason. Never tried it, but I don't typically leave my cleats in the tracks.

·
Super Moderator
161,474 Posts
Yep. You're right, Beason. Loosen them enough to turn them 90° and they'll come right out.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,562 Posts
Yep, mine too...I keep mine in the under seat storage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
BUT... when i turn my cleats 90deg i can pull them off the tracks no problem. Are mine a fluke, or do others do this as well? :ftard:
Yeah, that always how I've R&R-ed mine. I've never once ran them all down and back from the back edge of the railing.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Someone not familiar with them might not loosen the knob enough to be able to turn them. So locking the tailgate might slow them down enough to leave it alone. Always a good idea to lock the tailgate, those also tend to grow feet and walk away.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
they are designed to attach mid-rail. the stops are for accessories like the overhead rack, or the sliding tray... they are just stops, not locks...

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are designed to attach mid-rail. the stops are for accessories like the overhead rack, or the sliding tray... they are just stops, not locks...
that makes more sense. thanks..

i have the power lock on my tailgate, so it stays locked at all times. i also have the bed cover, so i just leave the cleats in the rails.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
ya i never understood why people said they just lock their tailgates to keep them from getting stolen

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I store mine in the bed side box..

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Mine get stored in the box on the side of the bed. Well, except for a loner on the front by the cab. I usually use that to tie up the mutt once he gets done playing in the lake. Otherwise, I have a tonneau cover so I don't generally sweat it. However I have heard that locking the tailgate keeps it as well as your rear lights from walking away throughout the night...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts