Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a King cab and was wondering if one 10inch JL W1 is enough, my friend is going to give it to me for free. Its a smaller cab inside so I thought it might be enough but I dont want to buy a single enclosure and end up wishing I baught an extra sub and used a double enclosre instead. Im coming from an exterra that had 3 Twelves wich was alittle much and then my Tundra had 3 8s wich was ok, so im really not used to one Ten. I know 8s 10s and 12s all hit alittle different so any help would greatly be appreciated.. thank you

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
it realy depends on how much boom u want. i would be happy with 1 10" in my cc, but i dont my windows to rattle, just my azz cheeks

Reactions: bking67

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
yea depends on how hard do you want it to hit. i think its better to have a little more than your liking and thats because you don't need to play it that loud, but every now and then when you do feel like bumpin it hard and loud, you're capable of doin so.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I didn't want to click on this but i did!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing....... Well I guess that would depend on how kinky she is. LOL

I have one RE Audio 10 in my KC and it is plenty in my opinion. If you go with two 10's your going to have to upgrade your highs and mids.

·
Registered
266 Posts
"Re: Is one 10inch enough??"

That's what she said....

Actually, I have two 12's and it kills my ears. I might give one to my brother. One 10 will do you just fine and will be able to provide you with good bass.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
One 10 is plenty unless you wanna advertise to the world and the thieves you have a system.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I'm sorry about the my 1st post..... i have a KC and i removed the 40 (60-40 seats) and made a box with a 15"

·
Registered
369 Posts
What size underwear do you have to buy for a 10"?

I only ask cause......ummmm...............well....................................lets see.........................................................................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........................................I think i bought the wrong size? Yeah thats it ..........mine are too.......................tight. I mean "YUP, MINE ARE TOO [email protected] TIGHT, WHAT SIZE UNDERWEAR ARE YOU 10"ers GETTIN?

belive it or not, Im very happy with the RF factory stuff. I think a lot went into the speaker placement and that little 8 under the seet does buzz your *** pretty good. I never was a "loud & proud" type of guy. It just needs to get loud and sound good.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I put a 10" W3 in a ported box and love the extra umph it gave. If you want your mirrors to rattle, you will need more then just a 10.

The extra 10" really emphisized the little 8" under the seat, and made the factory RF sound like it should.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMAO should have put alittle more in the title.lol anyway thanks for all replys, also I dont have the factory Rockford, I think I might go with two 10s. One more thing the subs will be facing down I dont know if that makes a difference, cause my tundra they were facing up and in my exterra they were facing back.
thought I would share the exterra is my first car back in 2002 and tundra is back in06
here is the tundra

and here is exterra had two 1.0F caps hooked to the 2000watt amp but no pic of that

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I would personally buy another and experiment with the boxes. You may want to try a sealed box first, then move onto ported and see how you like that.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
+1 to what Nightstalker said. I have a 10" subwoofer in a rear firing box in my Ranger (extended cab) and the 8" sub that comes with the RF system just feels better.

I opened this thread because I'm trying to figure out what to do with the sub in my Ranger. I want something better. In order to come close to the same feel of the RF sub I have to really crank up the sound in the Ranger. Maybe if I bolted the 10" box to the floor? Or switched to two 8" subs? I don't know squat about subwoofers so I'm watching this thread to see what works for the OP.

·
Registered
761 Posts
+1 to what Nightstalker said. I have a 10" subwoofer in a rear firing box in my Ranger (extended cab) and the 8" sub that comes with the RF system just feels better.

I opened this thread because I'm trying to figure out what to do with the sub in my Ranger. I want something better. In order to come close to the same feel of the RF sub I have to really crank up the sound in the Ranger. Maybe if I bolted the 10" box to the floor? Or switched to two 8" subs? I don't know squat about subwoofers so I'm watching this thread to see what works for the OP.
I had a 2000 Ranger XLT before the Titan and had a rear facing 12" infinity in a truck box. Nothing to special, just an infinity 311a amp powering a 12" infinity reference. Sounded great when turned down, and if you really wanted to crank, just cracked the window and sweet music!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thank you =D. No one is really in my truck plus i hate when someone is sitting behind me asking me to move up................. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
the rear facing is gonna give you a bit more oomph, but downward would probably give the same effect. You basicaly want the air movement to have something near by to bounce off of. I had subs in a car facing the cab, and the guy that installed the wiring kit told me to turn it around. I drove home with the subs facing the cab, then i turned the box around and it did have more punch. Not sure why but it did.

The only thing with downfacing or up facing is the sub should be specified as one and gravity is a proven theory.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Damn m1key that is bad a$$, I like it.

Reactions: m1key

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all responses I'm gonna get the two id rather have alittle more this way I'm not trying to max out one of them will have picks and updates soon thanks again

1 - 20 of 30 Posts