Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im at bonfires and such or when camping I like using my truck for music. I keep all 4 doors open and the interior lights switched to off, but the third brake light/cargo light stays on whenever the doors are open. This is a problem for 2 reason: its bright as hell and blinding, and drains the battery even quicker. I was wondering if there was a fuse I could pull to disable that brake/cargo light?

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Usually the switch overpowers the doors relay and when you turn it off it kills the cargo light relay. I do it to mine all the time, but I'm not sure if having the key in does anything different. If it doesn't work i'll dig up the schematic and tell ya what fuse

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Nm, Looking through the diagram it looks as though the BCM can override that switch with the key on, so...It's fuse #21 in the fuse panel on the passenger side. It's a 10A fuse, if the diagram is right it is in the right bank, 4th from the top. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I did was to cut the wire feeding the brake light/cargo light and install a switch. Remove the trim panel by passenger side rear door, behind rear seat. Locate the wires running up the post behind the panel. Cut the wires and install a switch. I put mine on the flat ledge behind rear seat by the rear window. Sorry no pictures, I did this mod some months ago. There are 3 wires. Hot to cargo light, hot to brake light and ground to both. I switched the two hot wires with a DPST (double pole single throw) switch from radio shack.

Email me if you need pic of location for switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts