Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the endurance engine, and is it in all titans or just some?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Every titan comes with the VK56 5.6L Endurance V8.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Endurance = marketing tool for the 04 model year. I believe IIRC the 04 was the only year with the Endurance badge. 05+ they switched to V8 TITAN just below the side mirrors

·
Registered
108 Posts
Technically speaking there are two types of engines. Flex Fuel and Non-Flex Fuel. Other than that, they are all the same engine as stated above.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Depends upon the color of the truck.

The silver ones are currently listed as the fastest if I'm not mistaken.:teethmast
You are mistaken, it is the "Red Alerts" derived from the Red and blue lights you would see from when you are hauling ***

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
VVT non VVT, flex fuel non flex fuel its still the same platform just with upgrades.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Depends upon the color of the truck.

The silver ones are currently listed as the fastest if I'm not mistaken.:teethmast
wrong, you need to re read the drag slips. Smoke titans have got silver ones beat by 1.3 seconds on the 1/4. reaction times on a smoke titan is also considerably quicker. :bangit:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Black is by far the fastest color, you just don't see them speeding past you at night!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the underside of my hood, it says that it can run ethanol, but there's no other badges like other trucks. Is that flex fuel? How do you know if you have the vvt?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts