Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to three shops in Arizona yesterday to get price quotes on the purchase and installation of a CST 8" lift on my 2004 2wd Titan. Only one of the places i went to (SDHQ) even carried the kit, and the other two (Desert Rat and 4wheel parts) cringed when i mentioned CST. They said that I would run into problems with a CST 8" lift. So has anyone out there with the CST 8" lift, or anything with CST, had any problems?
thanks

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Based on what I've read, the CST products are probably the best out there when it comes to bracket lifted applications. Likely these places just wanted to sell you something different that they'd make more $$$ on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i probably have one of the early production kits on my 04 se cc and it's been all good. installed oct 04 by socalsupertrucks.

·
Banned
162 Posts
54warrior said:
Based on what I've read, the CST products are probably the best out there when it comes to bracket lifted applications. Likely these places just wanted to sell you something different that they'd make more $$$ on.
yaa CST is the sh!t
haha F U C K the haters!

seriously though they were probably trying to make money off u by making them look bad.. those are real player haters haha

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
CST I think is one of the best kits out there

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just so you know 4WheelParts and Pro Comp are in bed together. Go in there and just see what they recommend first. Thats why they have specials all the time for Pro Comp crap. At least thats how it is here in Vegas. They did the same thing when I asked for CST.

·
Banned
162 Posts
yaa they are..
whats the deal wit the buy 3 tires get the 4th free?
there is no way that they are just going to hand u a 250 dollar tire for free

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Just so you know 4WheelParts and Pro Comp are in bed together. Go in there and just see what they recommend first. Thats why they have specials all the time for Pro Comp crap. At least thats how it is here in Vegas. They did the same thing when I asked for CST.
You beat me to it about 4wheelparts.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
yaa they are..
whats the deal wit the buy 3 tires get the 4th free?
there is no way that they are just going to hand u a 250 dollar tire for free

Haven't you noticed how expensive their tires are? Believe me, you are paying for that so called free tire.

·
Registered
596 Posts
CST is by far the best suspension you can put on your truck.

4WheelParts won't carry CST because CST doesn't have a liability insurance policy on their parts. Fabtech, Pro Comp, RCD...you get the idea, do have insurance policies. 4Wheel Parts company policy is to only work with suspension companies that do have liability insurance.

Well, here's the kicker, because CST doesn't have the liability insurance coverage they make their parts BETTER than everyone else. They have to make their stuff stronger and more durable.

In my opinion CST is the BEST lift kit company in the industry right now for ANY vehicle. My friends have all different kinds of trucks, Chevy's, Ford's, Nissan's, and we all use CST and we all beat the world out of our trucks.

Stick with CST.

·
Registered
596 Posts
54warrior said:
Haven't you noticed how expensive their tires are? Believe me, you are paying for that so called free tire.
There is one cool thing about 4wheel parts. If you buy the warranty coverage they will replace any tire no questions asked. I've actually stood next to my friend and watched him slash the side wall when the tread started getting low. I told him that there was no way they would warranty the tire. A week later, a brand new tire rolled off the UPS truck.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
54warrior said:
Yeah, check their prices before the "sale". They jack up the price of the tires for the sale so you think you are saving money. When I brought it up to call BS on them, they told me they just raise the price of the tires back to "regular" price and then give you the 4th free. They claim their tires are discounted the rest of the year. What a load.

4wheel parts OWNS procomp, that explains alot. They will always hype up pro comp products. One thing I noticed, most if not all the guys there are ALL "flat hat" posers. Their idea of off roading is parking on the grass in front of their house. They are NOT knowledgeable when it comes to real suspensions or tires.

·
Banned
162 Posts
sh!tt if i can slash my tires and get some new ones for free, i dont care what 909'er flat billed bro dumbass sends them my way :)

is there a limit to the ammount of replacement tires, or will i be recieving new procomp xtreme at's for the rest of my life ;)

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
sh!tt if i can slash my tires and get some new ones for free, i dont care what 909'er flat billed bro dumbass sends them my way :)

is there a limit to the ammount of replacement tires, or will i be recieving new procomp xtreme at's for the rest of my life ;)
AHEM!!!!!!!!!! You mean 951'er.... Right?

PS. Be careful what you ask for. Procomp tires have issues with tires being out of round, unbalanceable, and run out problems....

·
Banned
162 Posts
hmm.. what do u recomend that is in the same price range ($200-$300) that are A/T's that still look aggressive (not a big fan of bfg a/t ko..they dont really look aggressive enough, i dont know)

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
hmm.. what do u recomend that is in the same price range ($200-$300) that are A/T's that still look aggressive (not a big fan of bfg a/t ko..they dont really look aggressive enough, i dont know)

I have always had great luck with these: Cooper Discoverer S/T 35x12.50-17

I paid almost $900 mounted and balanced for the set of 4 = $225/tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
You only get one set of "warranty replacements."

The only tire that I like from Pro Comp is the X-Terrain and they are very loud on the street. Performance wise they seemed to work pretty good in sand but didn't really get much "bite" in dirt/gravel. I had the BFG mud terrains on my Titan. I loved them in the sand but again, they were loud.

Cooper's are nice tires. Affordable and great performance.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts