Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started about 2 weeks or so, I have a 04 cc titan,45k miles. I was just cruising down a back road to get to my house, let off the gas and let the person in front me turn and gave it a little bit of gas to accelerate again and I felt a knock in the rear end and it kicked in late. Happens every once and a while now , not to much ,somtimes worse than others.Any questions to this? Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
you could drain the fluid and look for metal chunks (not sludge) on the magnetic drain plug or take it by the dealer since it is still under the power train warranty. Sounds like you have a failure :-(

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Learjet said:
you could drain the fluid and look for metal chunks (not sludge) on the magnetic drain plug or take it by the dealer since it is still under the power train warranty. Sounds like you have a failure :-(
I just got my rear diff fluid changed not even 700 miles ago. If it keeps doin it and gets a lil worse im bringing it in and if it is the rear diff them im deff throwing trutrax in, I hope its not going bad but I hop it i so I can get the trutrax for this monster lol

·
Registered
779 Posts
if you go too long, you could get stranded or trash the complete axle. Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Learjet

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
spoonman, I think I have experienced a very similiar problem and eventually got a AT CHECK light. I've had one diff replaced and some work on the transmission but it started back recently.

·
Registered
66 Posts
because you were moving when this happened I would assume it is the transmission, not the diff. The diff has to spin with the wheels so a missing tooth or two would be skipped over so quick that you probably would not notice a delay. Also you would notice it much more from a stop.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
i have sort of the same thing, started light, then progressed over the last couple of months to where i have a very noticeable clunk every time i take off from a stop... everyone with this problem go and see if you have play between the tail shaft of the tranny and the front of the driveshaft, i got under mine the other day and i could move the front end of the driveshaft where it splines to the tranny more than what i thought was acceptable...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wel today I was waiting to cross the highway and gav it a little gas again and it kicked in late and felt a thump. Maby I need to get both the tranny and rear diff checked to be on the safe side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts