Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to the truck scene, I'm trying to figure out what the previous owner installed on the rear. IMO, the truck sits higher (in the back) than what appears to be stock. I obviously know he put Ranchos on, and I'm currently running the numbers to see what series they are.

Here are a few shots of the axle. I need to know if the block that you see in the pictures are stock, or if it appears to be taller? Probably a silly question to most of you, coming from the fast car background, this truck stuff is all new material for me.

I'm trying to sort all of this out so I can level the truck to get rid of the rake.

06 SE KC 4WD

Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
its stock..thats how they all come... I think you had the Off road package

·
Super Moderator
161,047 Posts
It's stock, and the Ranchos may be as well. They came on some of the 4WD models, mainly with the Off Road package though, to the best of my knowledge.

Edit to add: The rake (back higher than front) was on all the older model trucks like yours and mine. If you want to level it out some, add a 2" spacer to the front.

Reactions: Justhere4aday

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are fast! I checked the diff sticker, does have the mirrors, tranny temp gauge. So that tells me that it does have the BT package. Looking at the angle of rake, It's hard for me to think that 2" will level the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Dude thats my truck! only mine is silver. ya like they said, a spacer will level that out and look really good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called Rancho, but they are closed. Did a quick search on the shock numbers 56200-7S321. Found a thread in here that says 56200-7S326 are OEM. So I'm willing to bet that you guys are right about being stock shocks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You guys are fast! I checked the diff sticker, does have the mirrors, tranny temp gauge. So that tells me that it does have the BT package. Looking at the angle of rake, It's hard for me to think that 2" will level the front.
most 2" spacers are really 1.5":eyebrow:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude thats my truck! only mine is silver. ya like they said, a spacer will level that out and look really good.
I'm still working on the Mrs to agree to let me order a kit before Christmas. It's not working out so well for me...:crying:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
161,047 Posts
Ah, you've hit on the way to sell it. The Rancho shocks aren't well known in our community for their longevity. Tell her that for SAFETY reasons, you need new shocks and you've read on here that the best ones out there are the 5100s.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Or just tell her to get back in the kitchen and sack up and order it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or just tell her to get back in the kitchen and sack up and order it

Haha. If I told her that, this would be her reponse.... "Ok fine. Why don't you go back to work and make us some money, b!tch". :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ya, just order the leveling kit and shocks, those ranchos aren't going to last much longer anyway (if they aren't shot already). The leveling kit spacer might measure 1.5", but it still lifts the front end around 2".

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I had 2" level on my 4x4 and it sat level... I feel bad for you guys who have to beg your wife to let you order car/truck parts... the presents under our tree are all car parts!

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
btw, this was my 2006 4x4 se cc... with 33"s and a 2" level and the ranchos in the rear (just so you can see what the level will do to your truck!)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good and exactly what I'm after. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts