1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
It's for real, do not think you can bounce around and not pay the consequences if you do not invest in some full length coilovers and extended shocks... Several people blame the OEM tie rods as being crap, but mine are still perfect because I upgraded to SAW's before I decided to do any major off roading... worse thing that had happened prior to my upgrade were torn CV boots... I got lucky enough to research before tempting fate with the off road gods... ;)

Oh yeah, the guy I converted over had sold his 2/4 drop and decided to put in a Fabtech 6" lift, w spacers... I warned him to be cautious using it off road... He did not heed my warning and took it romping through the dunes in Pismo... Bent tierods, both front sides, and now he gets to spend more money of fixing rather than simply having put the money towards upgrading before fahking around...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm glad i read that and you told me this i will for sure invest in some coil overs. i really dont want to F**K up my truck.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
so leveling spacers are no good?
Not necessarily, but you should understand that an aluminum shock spacer does not a Grave-Digger-Titan make.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nothing good really come out of spacers man i swear

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
did you read the whole thing? It mentions lifting your truck without a diff drop. Pro comp and other major lifts DO drop your diff, so your good to go with the CV's. the angles on the tie rods are not f'd up at all from actual lifts. And most spacers for leveling kits are the kind that just bolt on top of the strut, they dont compress the springs as mentioned in the article. If you buy from legit companies who do R&D, and if you know the limits of a "poser" lift, your truck will be just fine. Like DRTYAZN said, upgrading to actual coilovers will help if you wanna romp your truck.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah that's true, but i have those day where i just wanna cut loose in the dirt :evillaugh

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I am seriously thinking about buying the radflo coilovers from PRG next year.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
well if you dont wanna run a leveling kit, ive got a set of Donahoe coilovers that i need to sell :) they are extended length and were rebuilt 10k miles ago with absolutly no offroad time on them (puddle smashing doesnt count)

I ran the Pro-Comp spacers on my truck for a few months and took it in the dirt quite a bit. I smashed through a couple ruts and the only thing that happened was a flat tire and a slow leak in another. I baby my truck if i take it in the dirt.. it has to get me to work on mondays so i take care of it.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
well if you dont wanna run a leveling kit, ive got a set of Donahoe coilovers that i need to sell :) they are extended length and were rebuilt 10k miles ago with absolutly no offroad time on them (puddle smashing doesnt count)

I ran the Pro-Comp spacers on my truck for a few months and took it in the dirt quite a bit. I smashed through a couple ruts and the only thing that happened was a flat tire and a slow leak in another. I baby my truck if i take it in the dirt.. it has to get me to work on mondays so i take care of it.
STOP tryin to sell your DR's! hahaha.

I took my truck out with just the spacer lift too and it was fine till i added more lift, and did what the lift kit was not designed to handle.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
hahaha someone has gotta want them!

My truck does just fine in the dirt. I dont take it offroad but i drive down a dirt road nearly every day with a couple curves and some "potholes" in it and the truck handles them just fine. Same as with the leveling kit. I never pushed the truck to its limit except when its lowered and a Hemi pulls up next to me lol

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Most 2" leveling kits are fine & run by 1000's of trucks with no problems. All they do is lift the body up 2". Just need to get an alignment afterwards. I've run a leveling kit for 10 yrs on 3 different trucks:)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
hahaha someone has gotta want them!

My truck does just fine in the dirt. I dont take it offroad but i drive down a dirt road nearly every day with a couple curves and some "potholes" in it and the truck handles them just fine. Same as with the leveling kit. I never pushed the truck to its limit except when its lowered and a Hemi pulls up next to me lol
Given the price is right, I may just take them off your hands, for a spare setup, when I get back down to SoCal in the coming months... Fontana Nissan Meet or MA Rehab Meet... ;)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The PRG leveling kit is fine.. The article was about Toyota's that seem to have a week link at the bottom of the shock! But that article is more marketing than it is a oh god you are going to die thing. Besides, I could find 5 guys that did something REALLY stupid with their Titan and post it up about product failure of some type.. If you are ready for the truth, call Greg (if he isn't snowed in with no phone service) and tell him what you want to do with your truck and he will set you up with the parts you need in your budget!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts