Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lookng into cars to buy for myself when the time is right for a while. i have started to look at 2007 or newer 350Z's. I really like them, and its between that and a LS2 GTO. Anyway, the reason I started this thread, I was reading about the 2007 350Z differences from the 2003-2006. The 2007 got a more powerful motor (just like the Titan did in 2007). However, the article I was reading said what was the point because it was only rated at 306 in 2007 compared to 300 in 2006 (speaking on the 350z). Seemed pointless for only 6 HP. Thats when I read this " However, the new engine's figures are based on a more rigorous SAE testing procedure. (For comparison, applying the new procedure to last year's engine would probably result in actual variation of about 15-20 hp.). So, in 2007, the SAE testing procedure changed, and it appears then, cars/trucks may have strated reading 15-20HP less then in 2006. I take that if the VVT 2007 Titan had been SAE tested in 2006 or sooner, it would have been released as a 327-332 HP truck. Which IMO, is just about where we all think it should have been rated from the factory

Here's the 350Z article in case anyone cares. that quote is in the first 1 or 2 paragraphs: 2007 Nissan 350Z

·
Registered
179 Posts
So if the 06' or older models would have been put through the new testing the 305hp number might have been in the 285-290 range? That is a cool article you found thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, look at this way. The 04-06 Titans put down around 260-270 to the wheels, which is right about where the 345hp Hemi motor puts down, so don't feel too bad. And 07 Titan dynoed better then a 367 hp 6.0 Chevy as well. So even if the 04-06 was 20 HP less, then that means the 305 HP motor only dyno's about 15-20 HP less then a 367hp Chevy motor. If you put it all into perspective, the 305 HP Titan still puts down a good amount of power to the wheels, and look at it this way, every car/truck in 06 or earlier would have been 15-20 less, not just the Titan

I think the 04-06 could be rated as a 320-325HP motor and the 07+ at 330-340 and they both would not be overrated..The 07 could even be rated at 350 and not be overrated lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Z's are nice!!! This video talk's a little bit about the difference between the 2007 or newer 350Z's & the older one's.

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Go with the Goat, you won't be disappointed. I like 350's, but you just don't see many GTO's.

The LS2 has HUGE aftermarket and for around 1200 bucks you can have a 500 hp car. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what keeps me pinned to the goat. I love the 2007 or newer Z can hit low to mid 13's stock, but the aftermarket just isn't the same as that 6.0. I can hitmore turn with the Z, but the Goat I can play with and mod for years to come

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thats what keeps me pinned to the goat. I love the 2007 or newer Z can hit low to mid 13's stock, but the aftermarket just isn't the same as that 6.0. I can hitmore turn with the Z, but the Goat I can play with and mod for years to come
Also have to remember they didn't make a heck of a lot of Goats, they'll be worth a lot more in the long run.

It doesn't take much to make the Goat handle like a champ.

Lowering springs, shocks/struts, and sways and you'll be taking turns like a pro, all for under $1000.

I like them both, but if I had the option as to which I wanted, I'd hop onto the GTO.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
IMO, it's still much more impressive to see a daily driven pickup truck running mid 13's.

Reactions: JDos1 and gweasel77

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I did see a nice GTO the other day, too quick to take a pic, but it came around the corner while i was @ a light & roasted the tires off in 1st, then chirped 2nd & hauled ***! Obviously it was a manual, sounded mean! :)

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i almost break my neck every time I see a GTO lol. I see Z's everywhere though, even beaten a few older one's in my Titan. And yeah their are actually member's on their forums who auto-x their goats. Its going to be one of those decisions that will be made further down the road. That model 350Z continued until what 2009? 2010? So I can get good financing on it. The GTO latest was 2006, so the interest will be a bit higher.

Yeah a mid 13's pickup truck is awesome! No doubting that. They are expensive though, and its not as practical racing it. Its more fun to beat 350Z's and GT Mustang's in a truck, but this will only be a weekend warrior/toy car bought strictly for racing and putting a smile on my face when driven, like a little vacation everytime I drive it. I enjoyed driving my Titan, now I just want to take it to the next level

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was looking into the G8 either in GT or GXP trim. Minor mods and that car puts down crazy numbers. Pontiac finally created a solid 4 door and then threw in the towel. It's a GTO in a 4 door cloak.

I always thought the Titan was a bit underrated. What are stock Titans dynoing in at....particularly the later model?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Shoot I wouldnt get either, save up till nissan comes out with a turbo diesel for a titan, and mod the hell out of that thing and it could be running 12s and 11s. and if they dont come out with one get another diesel and power that thing up

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
07 and newer Titans I have seen dyno 290. A comparison popular mechanics did with the 2007 Titan had it also dynoing 290. Could technically have been released as a 360 HP truck and been just fine lol.
Not personally a big turbo diesel fan, they are cool, but not really what I'm into

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you driven a GTO? POS. Pontiac interiors are cheap and ugly. The only thing good about the GTO is the engine. The rest is junk. And who ever said rare and potentially valuable one day? seriously?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have driven one GTO on a test drive. I actually thought the interior was pretty nice. Then again, I've never owned a vehicle with a really nice modern interior. I think my 96 Maxima had the best interior of anything I've owned to date lol. About the GTO, only thing I don't like is the window switches in the center console. I'd probably change out the OEM radio with a touch screen too. I know all about the GTO's little quircks, and I think the Z may be more reliable, then again, I usually don't care as much about reliabilty as I do speed. The motor is THE main reason I want a GTO. A 400 HP 6.0 for 14k.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts