Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here
http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt7.asp

And I think you can get them for about 1/2 the price and its unlocked as well meaning you can tune it yourself on the dyno or like I did on the street with a innovate wide band. I tuned a Dodge Neon SRT4 with a GT35R Turbo and 800CC injectors on a 3 bar map sensor.. Its an okay unit. Easy to tune just not as flexible as a Haltech or Motec but works.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
P's Titan said:
doesnt look anything like the VKPRO or sound like it
another poor attemp to pedal a product that will take entirely too long to connect and tune unless you have the right place and cpu software... it's not plug n play, and it requires tuning to set it up... I pay money to get a product that is ready to go when I plug it in....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaho1979 said:
Is this even available for the Titan? I don't see anything on the website about it...
It works with anything. Its a generic voltage offset box same as stillen. You find the wires you need to offset to trick the ECU and thats it. Intercept Crank angel sensor to adjust timing and intercept MAF and sometimes O2 to control fuel mixture.. All stillen did was contract someone to make a plug in play harness.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
powerflowusa said:
All stillen did was contract someone to make a plug in play harness.
I'm seriousely doubting that. Do you work at Stillen? :poke:

Shared characteristics doesn't mean it is the same thing. How many consumers should be playing with their ECU "finding the right wire" in order to increase power and maintain a reliable and safe ride? Blown engine, loss of throttle control, stuck throttle, burnt ECU, just a few concerns of "finding the right wire" method.And don't forget the legal liability of its results if you hurt somebody in the process. Yep, I'm doubting it took Stillen all this time JUST to get a harness built.

Read that Website again; do you really want a device for half the price, that includes bugs as a known feature? And what are you going to use to amplify the output signal it mentions? This is NOT comparable to the Stillen unit at all for the end user. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody at Stillen had experience with this or similiar units, but it is not the same product. Maybe if we can find some silicone and copper wires, we can build our own SMT7. Without the bugs.

Now, if you had asked could somebody possibly use a device like this to control the VK56DE, then a reasonable answer would be Yes, if you have the experience and time to undertake such an endevour. But it wont be done on mine.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
powerflowusa said:
It works with anything. Its a generic voltage offset box same as stillen. You find the wires you need to offset to trick the ECU and thats it. Intercept Crank angel sensor to adjust timing and intercept MAF and sometimes O2 to control fuel mixture.. All stillen did was contract someone to make a plug in play harness.
I say just go for it, do remember to post results of your finding. Only way to know if it work or not is to do it, that's what R&D is all about. If not just shell out the money for something that's already been R&D like Stillen VK Pro or Up Rev tune.:D

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
powerflowusa said:
Ya the VKPRO has a deeper sound too it huh? More like a V8 vs a V6

hey numnutz before you start acting like you know everything Stillen made theres from scratch, they also did the research to make it has simple as possible ( Plug n Play ) no finding wires, no connecting sh!t most people don't know anything about. Just piggyback the ecu.

I didnt see anything on that site that said it would work on a Titan. If you want to play with all the sh!t then go ahead, f*ck up your truck and then come back and cry about it.

Like I said before..Does'nt look anything like it or sound like it.

so :futwice:

·
Registered
145 Posts
LOL ! Tell him how you really feel !

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
A simple NO! will do too...:) Sheeeesh.....though I totally agree with the general body of thought.

·
Registered
596 Posts
uhhh....No...

Stillen has worked in the past with Perfectpower on the QRPro for the Nissan Sentra, but the power module for the Titan is very different.

Also we aren't just grabbing wires and intercepting signals. The VKPro connects directly to the factory ECU through our plug and play wiring harness. It is also pre-tuned and requires no guess work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now you have heard it straight from Stillen. Kyle the UPS guy really needs to bring me the VKPRO so I can test it out and post results. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Kyle, I really need one for my truck...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry, but if I have to dial a country code to call for support, I ain't buyin' from them!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
ptvolly said:
Sorry, but if I have to dial a country code to call for support, I ain't buyin' from them!
Which "them"? Certainly we would all be wiling to pay 50 cents to call Stillen, I would. Just confused... :( :)

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry, yeah, the company from the initial post (NOT stillen) is located in South Africa...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts