Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if I move up to 33x12.5x17 off-roaders will be better then a off-road tire the same size as stock (285x70R17)? I have heard from different people that a wider tire will take away off road ability to some extent. I do plan on using my Titan do do alot of 4X4'ing (snow, mud, sand, hillclimbs, etc.) so I don't want to buy useless tires for my truck.

As well if anyone can post a pic of thier truck with tires about the same width it would be appreciated. I want to see how 12.5" tire look on the Titan.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
It depends what your going through, I know in snow, Narrower is better, in sand a wider tire does better.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I've never heard that a wider tire takes away from offroading. Is that true? I would think the opposite. Who told you that?

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
33x12.50's will be just fine!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
billaj said:
I've never heard that a wider tire takes away from offroading. Is that true? I would think the opposite. Who told you that?
I have had some friends tell me that they prefer slimmer tires, but that is preference I guess.

I think I will go with this size. Now to figure out what tires I want :rollingey

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ran across an article about this a while ago and i can't remember where it was. For soft stuff you want a wider tire. Rocks, want to go with a narrow tall tire.

·
Super Moderator
162,287 Posts
Wider is better. Why would you want LESS rubber down, even on rocks? Traction. Think contact patch. Just my .02

·
Registered
146 Posts
found the picture i was looking for the other night.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts