Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your Engine loud when its idling and your outside of the truck? Seems like my fan is so loud. Just wondering if anyone else's is??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is your Engine loud when its idling and your outside of the truck? Seems like my fan is so loud. Just wondering if anyone else's is??
Is it also loud on acceleration? Could be a bad fan clutch.

I recall a member here a while back complaining of a whooshing sound on acceleration. Turned out to be a bad fan clutch. Even posted a Youtube video:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Mine is very loud now in the cold winter. never goes away. i read on facebook group that its actually a pully or something.. didnt seem to serious though

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is it also loud on acceleration? Could be a bad fan clutch.

I recall a member here a while back complaining of a whooshing sound on acceleration. Turned out to be a bad fan clutch. Even posted a Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3roeZZaOa4
Yep, that was me. Sure enough a bad fan clutch. Had it replaced and it doesn't do it anymore. It was crazy loud and dangerous because the truck wouldn't accelerate properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My engine fan is loud on startup, but quickly quietens down. I just figured it was engineered to operate that way.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
My fan is loud on startup. It only does it on the first start of the day, but it's not consistent. Sometime it does, sometimes it doesn't. Seems like I have to start driving it for it to turn back off. Doesn't seem like its working as intended. Probably taking it in to have it looked at on next oil change.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My fan is loud on startup. It only does it on the first start of the day, but it's not consistent. Sometime it does, sometimes it doesn't. Seems like I have to start driving it for it to turn back off. Doesn't seem like its working as intended. Probably taking it in to have it looked at on next oil change.
My 2005 Titan used to have the same loud noise at startup. I attributed it to some crazy effort to make acceleration from stop seem more exciting. Ten years later I noted the same noise at startup but a new noise and a vibration tied to when the cooling system engaged the AC fan on a very hot Florida morning as I moved out on my way to work. The fan was replaced a year ago to cut down on it's vibrations which ran up through the frame and made the noise louder in the cab than outside it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started this and has now been in the shop ten days. They have replaced two clutch fans and it still did not fix it. Now they are checking the wiring harness. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a QX80 that consistently howled at start up, along with a cold weather tick.
Infiniti replaced the fan clutch and the issue went away, along with the cold weather tick.
Also have a 17 Titan.
Both QX80 and Titan occasionally do the same thing.
The way it was explained to me on the QX80 was that the fan clutch is electronically controlled with a mechanical backup.
The electronics test the clutch at startup periodically, which is supposed to explain the inconsistency.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts