Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it is probably my 2/3 time driver during the week, and gets nearly all the family duty on weekends - sometimes we take my wife's Mazda Protege5, but rarely. My 1/3 driver is a 69 Camaro with late model Corvette LT1 and 4LE60 AT - soon to be replaced by a T56. The one thing I am missing is a nice 4-door sedan, so sometimes I go through withdrawl. But I really love my truck and need it to tow my race car anyway. If I could add a car it would be a sedan to become my primary driver - favorite one I've owned in the past was a '98 M3 - I wish I still had that car. Wife holds me to 3 vehicles for some crazy reason that I can't figure out - and for an even crazier reason she counts my race car as one of those three even tho it isn't street legal, registered or insured.

The biggest gripe I have is dealing with parking lots, but it isn't that bad, just requires some planning. I do like the space to carry my bike and drum stuff and the occasional race car or hot rod part, and when I hit traffic it is nicer than a stick shift car, and sits high enough to see ahead.

My last 5 daily drivers were:
2006 CTS-V
2004 Armada
2000 M5
1998 M3
1994 Infiniti Q45

With the exception of the Armada, they were all sporting sedans with luxury as well as crisp handling and strong power. I love having a race car and my 69, but sometimes I just miss owning a sports sedan....

So how bout you guys - is the Titan your daily driver?

btw - here is my Camaro:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Daily driver, not a bad commute (about 20 miles round trip). It's a nice drive in the Titan. Weekends are usually with the family so the wife's sedan gets called into duty (31 MPG, so....) although sometimes we take the truck since I love driving it.

BTW, nice Camaro.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Daily driver here. I only have a 5 mile commute to my office so my fuel consumption comes from using Blackbeauty as a limo for fun on weekends. I have to agree with the 3 car syndrome. I miss having something sporty as well. My lady has a Volvo S40 which is just too small for me to be comfortable in no matter where I sit in it or how I adjust the seats. But it's a little city runabout that handles itself better than my 300M used to. That car was a great highway cruiser but is way too heavy for the wimpy brakes that Chrysler put on it. Start and stop driving did NOT suit that car, even with the ceramic pads I put on it. But I keep my 3rd car around just for that nice Sunday afternoon drive or the various local concours or meet. 1968.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Titan is the daily driver for me - 44 km to work and 44 home, plus wherever I end up during the day - from 0 to 600 km away.....

Average 14-16 mpg. Mostly city.
Costs SOMEONE a fortune (business gas)

My wife takes her little Saabaru 92x Aero to work and probably gets a little better than 30mpg. Strange, when I drive it, I usually only get about 15????? It needs premium...ouch. And why does the clutch smell like that? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Titan is my daily driver when I don't ride to work. I like to ride my VFR to work (50 miles round trip) whenever possible because it makes the trip fun and saves a little gas. It seems like I end up taking the truck at least once a week to carry something or because of weather and we split driving time on the weekend with the wifes Tahoe

Action

·
Super Moderator
159,626 Posts
Daily driver here. 42 mile round trip. Down from a 106 mile round trip back in February and prior to that. :eek:

We do use the wife's Volvo for most of our joint trips around town now. It probably doesn't help much, but hey. Every little bit counts.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yup, daily to and from work. On weekends, wife and I use it for all the weekend running around to the store, horses, airport etc. She drives a Tundra to/from work. We really want to get a hydrid for her to drive to work, and use that for errands and trips when we don't need to haul anything.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Driven Daily!!!
Have racked up 25,000 in 18 months.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Daily driver here. I drive about 50 miles a day round trip. On weekends and roadtrips with the 3 kids we usually take the wife Expedition, pretty comfy for the family, but no where near as fun to drive as the Titan. As far as gas mileage savings, it's a wash.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Daily drive for me, though tops it is 12 miles round trip. I am still thinking about getting a cruiser for kicks and to save a little gas money. Still I can drive me titan daily and fill up maybe once every two weeks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Daily driver for me but my commute plus trip to the gym is only about 9 miles total, sadly nowadays that's $3.00/day. I do ride my trek mtn bike to work sometimes if it's nice.

Soon as I get my boat it'll be time for a fun car. Til then I'll just have to beat the snot outta my wife's scion tc 5 spd.....fun little car really, just doesn't put your stomach in your lap like a muscle car!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Its my daily driver, 12 mile round trip commute to work through about 20 stoplights.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts