Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking to myself a little bit ago about a post in another thread that mentioned jokingly about our trucks flying in 2010 and it brought to mind some of those things that mentioned how the future was to be. Every once in a while we are reminded of the things that were supposed to be the future present via Sci-Fi films and future predictions and what not (ie. flying cars). Funny thing is that in our present state we are in fact not flying cars but in a rather large whirlwind of debate and economics that is making some of us wonder how much we'll be paying just to keep our vehicles on the road. This post is not intended to be solemn or whatever, but a reflection of those ideas as funny as some may have been that we just knew we'd see by the year 2000 or 2010 or even 2020!? What do you guys have?

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
I think your right. There was a "Back to the Future" marathon on somewhere not to long ago. I laughed at the hover conversion commercial and the aerial interstate. The logistics of which would be a nightmare, but...

It is after all just fantasy.

·
Premium Member
92,288 Posts
gadget74 said:
what about the silver clothing!
Ummmmmm.... :huh: ... apparently, you have forgotten the 80's? :lol:

·
Premium Member
92,288 Posts
Not intentionally. But I did live through it and watch in amazement at the circus that swirled around me.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
43,125 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Not intentionally. But I did live through it and watch in amazement at the circus that swirled around me.... :lol:
did you have the parachute pants?

·
Premium Member
92,288 Posts
No, and I didn't do the "Flock of Seagulls" hairdo, either.... Although, I'm thinking of doing it now.... :huh:

·
Premium Member
43,125 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
No, and I didn't do the "Flock of Seagulls" hairdo, either.... Although, I'm thinking of doing it now.... :huh:
GO AHEAD! Bring the retro back BABY!!!
Luckily we were to poor to have any of the fad clothing!
I did have a mullet though!
Caught a lot of flack from that!

·
Registered
204 Posts
glad i missed that era...:D

I love watching those movies that predicted that in like 2010 wed all be flying around with laser beams attatched to our heads.

I just thought about it, what would happen to ATV's and dirtbikes at dunes? If everyone else was flying...we would have fresh tracks all the time!!:smileysqu

·
Premium Member
43,125 Posts
imaweirdo159 said:
glad i missed that era...:D

I love watching those movies that predicted that in like 2010 wed all be flying around with laser beams attatched to our heads.

I just thought about it, what would happen to ATV's and dirtbikes at dunes? If everyone else was flying...we would have fresh tracks all the time!!:smileysqu
"All I wanted was some freakin sharks with lazers!"

·
Premium Member
92,288 Posts
How about those Matt Helm movies with Dean Martin where the babes were robots with machine guns that popped out of their breasts! Nice........

That sure would put a whole new spin on dating.......

·
Premium Member
92,288 Posts
Hey, it could be worse. Friggin Duran Duran is my lady's favorite band... <hurl>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts