Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any of the major camper brands (Leer, A.R.E. or Snugtop mainly) in the models that have reinforced skeletons.

The models I know of that meet this criteria are:
-Leer 100RCC
-A.R.E. CX
-Snugtop models (with the thicker honeycomb roof option)

I know it's pretty specific, but I need one of these models in order to mount a rooftop tent, and waterproof my bed storage (so a standard bed rack isn't really an option) so it needs to be able to support upwards of 350 pounds.

Must fit Crew Cab. Color is not a huge concern, as it will help increase my chances of finding one, but if there is a Blizzard White (Q10) out there that'd be great. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,934 Posts
My Leer topper has rails on top so I can mount stuff on it. But I don't think Leer wants more than 200 lbs up there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I believe the models that have factory tracks can innately carry a bit more weight. 200 pounds would be fine for the dynamic limit, but for static I'd need a fair bit more. Tent would weigh about 130. I'm 215, and the woman is around 135. I figure I'd need a static limit of nearly 400 to support that, since even though I would load it down a bit more, it would be very evenly distributed...plus manufacturers always factor in a bit of a safety margin.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts